retro consoles !!!

kaiser":3gm1nhgs said:
A jaguar. Was never sure if they ever released that. How many games were available ? It is the console that looked like a toilet seat isn't it?

You're thinking about the CD add-on for it. That looked like the toilet seat. You're right in saying that only a few games were released for it. I don't know how many exactly though. There are still games being released for it by the many fans of the system.

The console is worth getting just to play Tempest 2000 though. :D

Xesh":3jjxbxdn said:
kaiser":3jjxbxdn said:
A jaguar. Was never sure if they ever released that. How many games were available ? It is the console that looked like a toilet seat isn't it?

You're thinking about the CD add-on for it. That looked like the toilet seat. You're right in saying that only a few games were released for it. I don't know how many exactly though. There are still games being released for it by the many fans of the system.

The console is worth getting just to play Tempest 2000 though. :D

i never played the jaguar, but wasnt it actually really good, just shit marketing making it flop ?

Don't get me started - Before working in a Bikeshop for the past 15 years, I worked in a computer shop for 10 years! C64, Spectrum, Amiga, ST, Atari 8 Bits, TI-99-4a (Blast from the past!), Oric Atmos!, BBC's Electrons, QL............ Early days for PC's!

Console wise we sold, Master system, Mega drive, Game Gear, PC Engine, NEO-GEO, Coleco-Vision (remember them?), VCS, Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64 - still very good today!

One of my best mates was a Developer for the ATARI JAGUAR, and went on to be Technical Director for EA in the UK and wrote ROLL-CAGE, and LEGO RACERS to name but a few.

I had one of the Very, Very first Gameboys in the UK, Bought it at the Las Vegas CES the year they came out! Kids on the bus used to have their eyes out on stalks while I played Mario Brothers on my way to work (I paid the Equivalent of £149 for the Gameboy and £35 for each game!) - (how cool & the gang was I ???)

I Have in my possesion, that i'm trying to Sell a Tin Boxed set of SEGA Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Enamel Pin badges (£30 POSTED!!!!) if anyone is interested.

magicmistertea":3jxjvm21 said:
i never played the jaguar, but wasnt it actually really good, just shit marketing making it flop ?

Essentially, yes. Although there are quite a few really dire games on it. There's probably about 10-15 games that are really good on it. I don't know about any of the homebrew titles though. One thing a lot of people complained about was the size of the controller which has 15 buttons on it. I, personally, find it very comfortable to hold.

master system
megadrive
nes
snes
atari lynx
spectrum 48k
spectrum 128k
grandstand
collecovision cbs
vectrex

Xesh":1upth2u9 said:
magicmistertea":1upth2u9 said:

Essentially, yes. Although there are quite a few really dire games on it. There's probably about 10-15 games that are really good on it. I don't know about any of the homebrew titles though. One thing a lot of people complained about was the size of the controller which has 15 buttons on it. I, personally, find it very comfortable to hold.

Slightly off topic, but is your Avatar the ship from Elite? My mate had a BBC Micro (Flash Git) in about 1984 and I remember playing Elite. I just remember the whole concept of a game where you could travel to hundreds of different places, all in 3D! completely mind blowing.

Mind you, mobile phones freak me out!......How do they do that without a very long cable?? :shock:

Latest posts

Back