The ultimate RETROBIKE related car reg'

Pyro Tim":14r3f323 said:
that's odd. The Boxster only went up to 266 bhp, and that was the very rare anniversary S, which can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Most Boxsters can only do 0-60 in around 7 seconds, and that's with a good driver getting the best out of it. My oil burner does it in a smidge under 7 seconds with me at the wheel ;)

Odd

The slowest boxster ever built did 0-60 in 7.4. and that's the 2.5 Tiptronic. since that was only built for 2 years and has a rubbish gearbox, it's pretty unlikely you encounter them and smoke them on a regular basis

even the cooking 2.5 manual does 0-60 in 6.5, which is considerably more than a shade under 7.

What is your oil burner? I assume some kind of chipped VAG?

The 987 generation Boxsters were available with 300bhp. They're even quicker.

yes, a souped up VAG. Leon Cupra. Show me the average Boxster driver that redlines it and gets those times :roll:

Pyro Tim":396yktdh said:
yes, a souped up VAG. Leon Cupra. Show me the average Boxster driver that redlines it and gets those times :roll:

Show me the average Leon driver that does.

A Boxster driver as enthusiastic as you are will be long gone.

I've not redlined mine. Sure the car could go quicker, I don't claim to be a race driver. Speed limit is often only 30, and mine easily gets there quicker than them, then I stop accelerating, so if they go by then, that's up to them to brake the law ;)

Here she is my son took the photo when we picked it up for the first time
I am the long haired `in touch with my feminine side ` chap behind the bald sales fella
a beautiful car with room for three big teenagers able to tow a horsebox and cruise across Europe
like popping to the shops.

Attachments

• 535d.jpg
    535d.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 125
This is what we use for the Horsebox towing the kids call her Phoebe a series one v8 disco

Attachments

• Phoebe.jpg
    Phoebe.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 123
Meh, I've thrashed the nuts off both (for my job), wouldn't mind a free 911.
Mainly cos the resale value is better.

Back