I am sick of.....

lumos2000":2b7njtq1 said:
The History Man":2b7njtq1 said:
getin":2b7njtq1 said:
I really don't understand why people even exist in Britain at all, and why people have been fighting over it for thousands of years.
This is due to it's position, resources and the mongrel nature of it's people leading to ingenuity and resourcefulness not to say sense of identity brought about by being a small island on the edge of a large explorable continent. :idea: let's hold that thought........

the gulf stream bringing good weather :facepalm: fertile soil and loose women

Personally I blame ITV for the last-mentioned. ;)

David

having sex 5 times a week ..twice on sunday . my car washed ..lawns mowed ..kids silent..tv to myself ONLY

IN MY DREAMS

twain":jzyo7bfn said:
Retro Cat":jzyo7bfn said:
twain":jzyo7bfn said:
its not the weather thats depressing, its the fact that there is feck all to do when the weather is like this (at least outdoor like).
soft play is the only place i can really go to let off steam.....

i need to do some work on the car (dont have a garage).
i stripped my bike in record time yesterday due to it being so bloody cold outside!

dread to think what my gas bill is going to come back like this year....:(

The soft play at the Burgess Hill Triangle is an absolute hoot. Try a climbing course at Craggy Island in Guildford to get your pulse racing...

there's a soft play at the Triangle?
the worst i've been to is one in Worthing.
i quite like Monkey Bizness and Spring Barn Farm (its got a massive vertical drop slide).
by the way, i have a 2 year old son. i dont go alone..... :p

The one at the Triangle's split into 4 floors and they're not particularly sedulous at checking what time you entered...though any stay above 45mins is a bit of a mish.

Washbrooks farm just outside Hurstpierpoint is great for animal spotting, tractor rides and bargain cake. I too have a 2yr old son.

Retro Cat":1dh93rkg said:
The one at the Triangle's split into 4 floors and they're not particularly sedulous at checking what time you entered...though any stay above 45mins is a bit of a mish.

Washbrooks farm just outside Hurstpierpoint is great for animal spotting, tractor rides and bargain cake. I too have a 2yr old son.

i need to check that out. i've only ever taken him swimming there myself. the mrs takes him to the soft play there.
We go to Washbrooks regularly - we've probably even crossed paths without knowing it to be honest.
He loves the trampolines and the tractor ride :) i like the ride on tractors and scooters near the entrance..... :) you been to Fishers farm (just outside Billingshurst)? its quite a way away from Brighton, but its MASSIVE.

i wish they made soft play for adults......i love slides and ball pits.

i'll stop banging on about soft plays now :p

twain":1nm962t7 said:
Retro Cat":1nm962t7 said:

i need to check that out. i've only ever taken him swimming there myself. the mrs takes him to the soft play there.
We go to Washbrooks regularly - we've probably even crossed paths without knowing it to be honest.
He loves the trampolines and the tractor ride :) i like the ride on tractors and scooters near the entrance..... :) you been to Fishers farm (just outside Billingshurst)? its quite a way away from Brighton, but its MASSIVE.

i wish they made soft play for adults......i love slides and ball pits.

i'll stop banging on about soft plays now :p

They're the absolute business - a garden centre in Crawley's got one and we had to ourselves one Sunday morning. 40 mins of light rain was the game changer, we were steadily joined by more and more families until tempers started to fray at the espresso machine...

Haven't been to Fisher's is that the one with the giant plane?

Washbrook's on the itinerary for quite a few club runs which is fine by me :)

Rob Atkin":adnu97d9 said:
I am not a wuss, I am not the sort of person who is always cold. I can cope with cold quite well in most situations.

However, I've had enough.

I am sick of being cold.
I am sick of having to wear a jumper
I am sick of calculating how long it will take the car to warm up before I can turn the heating on.
I am sick of checking the temperature on the heating at home.
I am sick of walking into a room and checking the radiator is warm or not.
I am sick of getting another hot drink to keep me warm.
I am sick of not being able to sit outside without looking like an arctic explorer.
I am sick of checking whether or not I have suitable waterproof/wind proof/warm clothes/boots in the car or not.
I am sick of things always being dirty or cold or slippery.
I am sick of sprayed up mud and water on the bike.
I am sick of mud and salty roads and paying for windscreen washer fluid and cleaning the car.
I am sick of rain
I am sick of snow
I am sick of sleet
I am sick of that biting wind that takes your breath away.

I want to feel some warmth on my skin.
I want to see the car a bit dusty after 2 weeks driving.
I want to see dusty trails.
I want to see shorts and t-shirts.
I want to switch on the AC in the car to keep things cool, not to demist.
I want to KNOW that I won't need a coat in the morning.
I want to use sunglasses for sunny weather.
I want to smell summer in the air, to appreciate a summer breeze.
I want to see glistening sweat on my forearms while on the bike.

I, as a proud Englishman, appreciate our weather is varied, mixed, prone to change. I like it like that.

But please, someone please bring me a proper spring or summer. I promise I won't waste it again, I'll appreciate it and make use of it.

Please?

You should move to Arizona bud ;) Seems about what your describing.

Mini

getin":tjv3hb5f said:
This cold wind, will it ever change direction

Yes, in a few weeks it will turn around and bring warm air from the atlantic, oh and bucket loads of rain too no doubt!!! :(

Back