Old Claud Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

westie

Retro Newbie
Hi
We found an old Claud Butler road bike in my fathers loft after he passed away. I know absolutely nothing about bikes and was told to contact this site by CB after i emailed them. All I can tell you is it's circa 1954 has number underneath the frame CB 1520
and the badge on the front is CB with the olympic rings. I have added a pic, Could somebody please tell me if this bike is worth selling or letting it go to the scrap man.

Thanks
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 721
Sorry about that but i do not have a clue on the price, perhaps you can give me an idea.

I'm based in Essex near Basildon.

Without knowing what parts it has its hard to say, but still definitely deserves more than scrap man. If you're willing to post I may be interested for around £50

Good morning
i work in Rayleigh Essex so would be no problem to Collect I would give you £50.00 Collected
Tim 07801080495

Personally I'd close this thread and re-post in the "how much" thread with a few more pictures (particularly the lugs where the frame is joined together) and hunt for a frame number.

As 47p2 mentions some CB's are quite rare and can be worth quite a bit of money..

Shaun

I agree, westie needs to do his homework both on this forum and on the rest if the internet to find out exactly what it's worth if he wants to get the best deal.

Do as Midlife says and post up plenty pictures in the 'how much' thread, if this is a rare item you could be cruising the Med in a few weeks time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back