Worried about posting but...

Without wanting to sound all Daily Mail about it, but I've had cause to go to A&E recently and was treated by a doctor that sounded African / Nigerian. I have no concerns about his competence or him actually being in that post, but the issue I find is that often there's something of a communication barrier or obstacle.

Sure, it's hardly been unusual for there to be doctors or GPs that were from other countries, but many, previously seemed to have at least lived in the UK or trained here for some time, and as a result their language skills are pretty decent. But trying to explain where the pain is, when you're not completely sure yourself, so soon after the incident has a further obstacle if you're having to do so with somebody who's english is rather new and rudimentary.

And before I'm accused of it, I'm not ranting against foreign doctors, merely pointing out that those that have only arrived in the UK relatively recently, may not be that great with the language compared with those that have lived and trained here for some years.

It's a change in the times

recently returning from the states most of the uk immigration officers were asian and sikhs with a few africans also and only two what I would call in appearance white europeans

Sign on with jobseekers and see what retraining is avaliable and I deal with a south african coloured lady and then visit my local council housing dept to see if it's worth putting my name on the very limited stock council house waiting list to be seen and chat to be a very nice kenyan coloured man

Our country is changing, as I'm sure most of spains coastline did when the English, German and french invaded the costa's :LOL:

neil has pointed out my only issue with people coming here to work/settle. please speak english and integrate!!! i would not expect to move to france and have everything served to me on a plate, why should it happen here?

im from slough and my family have lived there for around 60/70 years having emigrated from ireland and wales. when they first moved there, slough was know and 'little wales', then 'little africa-india-pakistan' and recently ive seen the change from 'brown' immigrants to eastern europeans.

of the eastern europeans, when they first started arriving, i would just see them as groups of young men 'hot bedding' in rented flats working menial jobs. of late though i've seen a distinct change and am now seeing families, owning homes and with 'english' sounding kids.

just an observation here, i have no opinion on colour creed or nationality other than to live here is to participate and to be honest the only folks i seel not doing that are the indigenous ones.

technodup":xh26ogdu said:
Koupe":xh26ogdu said:
I find the majority of white British residents rather repulsive
I find the majority of Asian British residents rather repulsive.

Acceptable?

No, not really, but I was a little drunk :oops: My (badly made) point was that I find the majority of British natives rather unpleasant, regardless of their skin colour. In general (and it is probably a gross generalisation) immigrants, even 2nd or 3rd generation, are far less arrogant and obnoxious, and far more cultured, than the people who consider themselves to be 'indigenous'.

Amusingly, not one single British citizen can claim to have real 'native' blood. Even the caucasian population is a mongrel race made up of German, Scandinavian, Latin, French and god knows what other genes (a bit like the English language). If there ever were indigenous Britons, they were driven out long before our 'national identity' started taking shape.

Immigrants don't get big fat state handouts and housing. Not to mention their gigantic legal bills paid when they try to stiff the state

Did we dream Abu Qatada then?

Do they all come here for the weather?

Why does every asylum seeker ignore international law and not seek asylum at he nearest democratic state? Not for the Saturday night TV, that's for sure.

Why are there great shanty towns immigrants in France, itself a democratic republic, many of whom try to unlawfully enter the UK? Trust me, in ain't because they don't like eating cheese for lunch with the Frenchies.

Koupe":2kzyn073 said:
technodup":2kzyn073 said:
Koupe":2kzyn073 said:
I find the majority of white British residents rather repulsive
I find the majority of Asian British residents rather repulsive.

Acceptable?

No, not really, but I was a little drunk :oops: My (badly made) point was that I find the majority of British natives rather unpleasant, regardless of their skin colour. In general (and it is probably a gross generalisation) immigrants, even 2nd or 3rd generation, are far less arrogant and obnoxious, and far more cultured, than the people who consider themselves to be 'indigenous'.

Amusingly, not one single British citizen can claim to have real 'native' blood. Even the caucasian population is a mongrel race made up of German, Scandinavian, Latin, French and god knows what other genes (a bit like the English language). If there ever were indigenous Britons, they were driven out long before our 'national identity' started taking shape.

keep digging, fella...

Meh, think I'm gonna need a bigger shovel.

Also, I couldn't give a toss :LOL: I've settled halfway between antisocial and xenophobic, and can't really be bothered moving any more.

sylus":j2thbe7x said:
It's a change in the times

recently returning from the states most of the uk immigration officers were asian and sikhs with a few africans also and only two what I would call in appearance white europeans

Sign on with jobseekers and see what retraining is avaliable and I deal with a south african coloured lady and then visit my local council housing dept to see if it's worth putting my name on the very limited stock council house waiting list to be seen and chat to be a very nice kenyan coloured man

Our country is changing, as I'm sure most of spains coastline did when the English, German and french invaded the costa's :LOL:

when my brother in law came to visit he phoned me from heathrow to ask if he was in the right country. :LOL:

Back