Show us yer FSR's

GlenPxC":x2yqf7dm said:
Yup, that seems to have done the trick. I feel like that's how it was suppose to be set up from the start... oh well learn from experience.
Seems like a bit of a "why didn't I think of that?" moment. Of course I'd have never come up with that idea in a million years so I'm glad I've got this thread full pro-tips! Nice rock section too btw Glen.

It's my first full suspension and build so everything is pretty trial on error. I've always looked at it and thought it might be in the way, but where I live now doesn't have big drops like that so I never hit full compression. That one took a few attempts to finally jump since the run up is just as rocky.

Just for info i have a 2001 rockhopper fsr with rear disc stays and abetd link. The bb thread is stripped on the drive side of the main frame so needs to be chemical metalled in place.

Hopefully I'll be getting a new frame in a few months so when i do there will be disc stays and link up for sale.

teethgrinder":97xmc1fh said:
Just for info i have a 2001 rockhopper fsr with rear disc stays and abetd link. The bb thread is stripped on the drive side of the main frame so needs to be chemical metalled in place.

Hopefully I'll be getting a new frame in a few months so when i do there will be disc stays and link up for sale.
Ooh interested in this,any chance of some pics?? :D

teethgrinder":1wvyjds5 said:

I'll definitely be interested in that betd link!

Well it's all done except for a cut n bleed on the rear brake as its too long n I wanna get it tidy in the clips too!
Had to shave a few mm off the nut at back even when I turned it round still the rotor caught on it! A little drink out so I can attach the pump to the fox without it getting stuck! Well happy with the results and if next year I get it painted I will prob still have the original kermit green! Few of us out on a ride tomo....can't wait! The rear brake looks well tidy and happy that even though a bit steep the end result was easy-ish to sort out after drilling the frame and looks good. Happy days....
Cheers for the advice guys.....

Oh and for anyone interested these are the judy xl forks pictured as well, they have a small leak on the dampener. I was using em till recently though but need a good service so spares or repairs I guess. Pm me if your interested?

1 1/8
Steerer length 235mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,965
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,965
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,965