Bob Jackson Special Tourist

Robbied196":3ocjk7hk said:
Some very inventive and ingenious ideas here :)

I was thinking. They do copper tube in chrome! :)

Yes, it was suposed to be polished aluminium, but this is what was laying around in my workshop. I expect it to turn dark brown in time, should look better. Of course if i can get the same kind of tubing in aluminium (for free) i will make another to replace this one. :)

I just put a front rack on mine, could you give some idea as to how you made yours? Or a guide you followed if you did? Is it water proof?

Thank you

Raleighracer":1do6kuc8 said:
I just put a front rack on mine, could you give some idea as to how you made yours? Or a guide you followed if you did? Is it water proof?

Thank you

The bag? I made a box with k-line foamboard with the size i wanted (four sides, one bottom). Then i made a sleeve of cotton duck and also a bottom and cover. Inside i used a water proof material wich is used for outdoor covers. Everything glued with contact cement. After everything was assembled i used a leather strip to reinforce the edge. I have used it in pouring rain for hours with zero leaks. You can use whatever you want as long as the box is made of some kind of lightweight waterproof material and the inside is lined with a heavy outdoor waterproof material.The outside of the box can be anything that has some resistance to wear.
But i will replace it with a Gilles Berthoud bag when i can, it´s expensive but a really good investment.

Thank you for that!

I doubt mine would get used in pouring rain but it's nice to know!

How much would you say it cost all together?

Cheers

Raleighracer":1iu0ctzm said:
Thank you for that!

I doubt mine would get used in pouring rain but it's nice to know!

How much would you say it cost all together?

Cheers

Hard to say, had all the materials from other stuff i had made before. If you have to buy everything don´t know if it´s worth it. At least 60€.... :|

Raleighracer":1xa840zl said:
That's not too bad, especially if it could be as classy as yours :LOL:

Any more pictures of the bag and the bike? :D

Trust me, the bag is ok from a distance and for general use but not something i would sell (or buy). :D

Check my flickr, there´s a couple of photos i haven´t posted here.

Back