Cannondale SM600 26 / 24 New Score first Photo

Nice find-think I would of fell off my chair too!.....Whilst looking for my credit card to pay for it if need be!

Swede":fwm8dcwa said:
My SM500 frame arrived in the post on Monday and I paid the same for it as you did for your whole bike! :mrgreen: I've wanted one of these for years but I've got a long way to go before I get to ride it.

I have a recently purchased '88 SM700 frame, stowed away and I'm buying catalogue spec bits for it now, but I'm dying to build it up!! Ok it's not 26/24 but its going to handle beautifully & be a head turner.

saulus":2lmia9mu said:
Nice find-think I would of fell off my chair too!.....Whilst looking for my credit card to pay for it if need be!

Swede":2lmia9mu said:
My SM500 frame arrived in the post on Monday and I paid the same for it as you did for your whole bike! :mrgreen: I've wanted one of these for years but I've got a long way to go before I get to ride it.

I have a recently purchased '88 SM700 frame, stowed away and I'm buying catalogue spec bits for it now, but I'm dying to build it up!! Ok it's not 26/24 but its going to handle beautifully & be a head turner.

Any pics? I think 26 is better for cruising or longer rides so probably more useable. Is the SM700 from 87 or 86? the 87 catalogue jumps from SM600 to SM800

OSMojo":3diczyt9 said:
saulus":3diczyt9 said:

Swede":3diczyt9 said:

Any pics? I think 26 is better for cruising or longer rides so probably more useable. Is the SM700 from 87 or 86? the 87 catalogue jumps from SM600 to SM800
oh just noticed it's from 88 DOH!

Congratulations !
I really love these bikes :D

My 1986 SM700

My 1988 SM600

In these days where all the brands want to sale us these horrible 29", these bikes are the bettre climber I have rode :cool:

@24pouces Thanks! very nice bikes, good looking tyres too. I agree about 24/26 being better than 29s, they're so agile, I managed to do a proper 'Rock walk' BMX trick yesterday, I can normally only do that on my 81 Torker BMX.

Awesome bikes :cool:

Definitely up there on my wish list.

Resurrecting this post with some sizzling photo's. After much debate I'm thinking of holding off on the respray, the survivor look is just too cool to mess around with, at least for the moment. Also I still think the bike is a bit too big so holding off the investment of a respray until I'm sure, I'm 6ft1 so I'm not sure if I should be on a 20" or 22" anyone know if there's a general rule? Anyway I've put on some nice gumwalls 26x2.00 IRC & 24X1.90 Farmer Lookalikes, standard black QR wheels (cheap but very light) please note the sensational pink valve covers :cool: me...I did that :cool: . I have some pink cables that will be put on to replace the black gear cables. BTW these bikes are sooooooooooo light I can pick it up and rotate it with my wrist like an empty watering can. Was so nice to finally see the bike in sunshine the grey comes alive and looks much more sporty.

Sometimes only an old school word can be used for an old school bike but SM600s are....AWESOME!! ........................ :roll: "Did you hear what he said?" :facepalm: "Yes he said ...........awesome"

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

I love that mate. If it was in a short ass size I'd be badgering the hell out of you to sell it to me :LOL:

Back