Time Equipe cleats

DeathDwarf

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I have a pair of time equipe racing pedals, with no cleats thus far.
I think all time racing pedals until around 95 used compatible cleats from what I can tell, so any pair in good usable condition would be much appreciated.
Also, I would need an adaptor, so they could work with the modern look pattern shoes, Ive been told - can you buy these new anywhere?

Thanks for that evo - I looked for hours yesterday and didn't come up with that site.
Seems like a back order job though. I found another place in Germany, and asked my local dealer to get onto the uk distributors for now. Do sidi shoes have their own pattern, different from the usual look system?

Older sidis had an insert in the sole to allow a couple or more different cleat types.
One of them being tbt. The actual insert screws into a 3 hole pattern, and has the 4 threaded holes for tbt. I used them on a set of 3 hole diadoras for a couple of seasons, no issues. (Except diadoras are gash!)
If you fitted 3 bolt Cleat to a sidi sole, the insert was simply a spacer to fill the gap!

If you are desperate, I *might* have insert and Cleats in one of my old boxes of bits. (My wife still uses tbt on her training and tt bikes).
There is also a guy in the US who still makes the cleats, occasionally they appear on eBay in the US.
I bought a job lot about 7 or 8 years ago from a shop clear out.

the sidi shoes are standard 3 bolt look. the time cleats are 4 bolt and unless the pedals came with the original time adapters, you would need the sidi or similar ones.

reason being bolt spaces and that time cleats are flat mount, most shoes have a rounded base. note there are 2 lots of cleats, the equipe rear cleat has a more arrowhead shape on the retaining lip, the older square pedals have a lip deeper on one side than the other.

older cleats work but are harder to disengage. older cleats are hard to find, but some still stock them. hit and miss, let us know how you get on.

Sounds like a pair of new sidi time plates would be fine then, for some new shoes. Think I've seen them somewhere.
The pedals I have bought are called racing, theyre white and look more 'square' from the outside than some of the later equipe pedals. Ill just have to try whichever ones I can get I think. If you do have a pair you'd let me try/buy mattr I would like, yes - before I pay postage for some from Germany or US.

I'm already overseas, and postage costs from here are astronomic.
If you can get them from a proper shop, you might be better off.

Well, the cleats from tredz, in Wales have been dispatched, and I bought a pair of adapters from sidi direct.
Remains to be seen if these will fit the particular pedals I have. Also, I haven't bought any shoes yet!

Back