help with 1inch headset

muddyf1

Dirt Disciple
:cry: hi guys needing help with a project ,problem is i have a fork set at 1 inch tube ,i have brought a 1 inch ahead set with a crown race and just seen theres no where to fit the crown race as its just a straight tube any help please i have seen 1 idea as a shim but help lol :shock:

You're not very clear on what the problem is? Are you saying the crown race is loose at the base of the fork steerer? Not all

What model fork is it? Are you sure you haven't got a 1 1/8" crown race by mistake?

hi sorry about forks are girvins they are 1inch,crown race is loose because theres no shoulder there to slip over,was a bit of hard plastic thats broke,so i,m gussing a shim race is need as i have play in bottom bearing hope that helps

As Mr Squirrel said, a bit more info would help, especially a picture. Some forks (like Pace RC30's for example) need a shim for the crown race to sit on.

Edit: We posted at the same time. You will need a crown race collar, I'm sure someone who knows about Girvins will be able to help. Maybe change the thread title to include 'Girvin'.

hi yeah as we speak i seen a pace shim and thats what i need ,a guy says he maybe to shim me one needing only 1mm to take slack out of the crown race and fit on 1 inch sterr tube thanks

Back