New old project/1948 Hercules Gents Light Tourist

lumos2000

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
i just dug this out my grandads loft, it a hurcules im guessing from 1950's
i dont know much about it yet but looking around the web they seem to be quite comon.
i think in going to strip it dowm and put some white tyers and drop bars on it but ill see how far i get first befour i start buying parts.

ive also got to build that wall and do some deaking so it might take a while :)

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 983
That will be nice! Polish the chrome bits up with a bit of oil and steel wool, some fresh grease and new tyres (£5.99 each at CRC) and you are in business!

I keep looking at old "dutch" bikes on Ebay and Raleigh Twenties, Moultons and stuff. :?

chris667":21936bbq said:
That will be nice! Polish the chrome bits up with a bit of oil and steel wool, some fresh grease and new tyres (£5.99 each at CRC) and you are in business!

chrome? ill have another look

Re: New old project

started this today, it seemed like a good day to work on a resurrection, got the frame completely striped down, it only took 5 hours and a whole can of wd40

I have worked out its a 1948 Hercules Gents Light Tourist, id like to modernise it a bit as id like to use it but it has nowhere to fit brakes on the forks any ideas what my options are? will I have to drill the crown to fit road brakes? it was dark when I finished so no pics yet

Amazed parts came out with no stuck stems bottom brackets or seatposts! Pics then please!

coomber":14s0cgft said:
Amazed parts came out with no stuck stems bottom brackets or seatposts! Pics then please!

the stem was stuck tight everything else came apart quite easy, had to hacksaw a couple of bolts on the frame mounted parts. the headset bearings are unbelievably small. the only thing left to take out are the headset cups and the bottom bracket cup as I don't have the tool.

Back