Cannondale SM600 26 / 24 New Score first Photo

OSMojo

Old School Hero
cannondalesm600.jpg

I got this for £150 I almost fell off my chair when I saw this 'Lord Lucan' online for sale on a bike shops website. It arrived yesterday, I have been searching for ages (I always miss the sales on Retrobike I can never time it right), the only things that aren't original are the seat post seat, and wheels/Tyres. For the moment I am keeping it survivor and the only change will be some gumwall farmer john style tyres and some standard black wheels. Eventually I might treat it to a complete nip & tuck.

I took it out today, it's amazing for a bike from 1987 still really fast very torkey and all your energy is used, none wasted, the 24 rear makes it feel really agile, you can ride it Tron style. The only downer is I think the top tube is a bit long for me I'm reaching 1.5/2 inches too forward so just missing the sweet spot and now my back aches a bit, I probably need a 20" I think this is a 22". Also another small irritation is I bought a Bontrager pink bottle cage but the alex nuts on the frame just keep spinning and wont come out.

But I can believe I scored this, it is pretty crusty here and there but it still looks amazing, I had an SM500 in 1987, I'm now on the look out for a 20" frame (any SM with rollercam stays) for a new build, I'll post more pictures when the wheels come, this picture was from the website I bought it from.

@Swede it's so weird I'm usually the jealous one on here! It has Shimano Deore SIS gears, Diacompe levers, Suntour rollers, so just as the 87 catalogue says it should be.

Swede":3f4cjtjm said:
I'm super jealous!

+1

One I used to lust over BITD. I feel better knowing that I would probably have about -4" of standover on that

I know what you mean about the torquey feel
Great for wheelies too

Brilliant way to spend £150 tho
P1030215.jpg

Mine ,all mine

Hai Caramba! that baby looks like a centerfold for bicycles, especially in the long grass and all.

She's a hottie shure enough

Not many around , got a couple of 26ers , but its amazing how different how the 46er feels in comparison

My SM500 frame arrived in the post on Monday and I paid the same for it as you did for your whole bike! :mrgreen: I've wanted one of these for years but I've got a long way to go before I get to ride it.

Swede":115pvbxe said:
My SM500 frame arrived in the post on Monday and I paid the same for it as you did for your whole bike! :mrgreen: I've wanted one of these for years but I've got a long way to go before I get to ride it.

Nice, do you have any pics?

Back