Show us what you did today, thread

How is it to actually ride K ? I mean as in is there much resistence from the oversized tyres that make a ride more of a workout :?

Looks lovely though :D So jealous

Cheers everybody, twas a nice day out!

dyna-ti":24o7rojl said:
How is it to actually ride K ? I mean as in is there much resistence from the oversized tyres that make a ride more of a workout :?

Looks lovely though :D So jealous

Its not too bad Andy, but nothing in life is free! I can go a whole load pf place a regular mtb cannae but there is a trade off, fortunately the tyre range has ballooned so you can get everything from a slick to a thing that will go up walls :LOL: I admit to feeling the drag today a bit of a headwind and still lacking a bit of form made the going tough at times. Still it makes more of a workout as you say :)

gmac123":24o7rojl said:
Superb K, you seem to be getting the rides in these days, has the pending italia trip spurred you on?

I am trying to slot in as much as I can, I'm hoping to get the fitness levels back and take the skill level up a notch as well, all with a view to maximising the Italia trip. I', definitely on a mtb trip the noo, the road stuff has taken a bit of a back seat, if anything I'm only considering it as a means to get fitter for mtb'ing!

Brilliant pics K!
Pugs is looking sweet. Tyre choice is getting very specialized for the fatties, For mine I just run the allrounder set of a Endomorph on the rear and a Larry on the front and I must admit I'm pleased with them. I cant afford to have several sets of tyres sitting round, especially at between £50 min to £130 a tyre. I may get a set of nates at some piont but these keep me happy for now. The endo is pretty good in sand and mud but loses out in thick snow, the Larry on the front is great as well as it tracks and grips like bodily waste to a blanket ;)

Jamie

I'm sure there will be a huge range of tyres to see at fat forth, but I like the look of the 26" Knards for the pugsley. Seem like a nice compromise. Not as hardcore as the Nates but a bit knobblier than Larry or Endo.

Out with Brian/epicyclo from Fat Forums on the Strathpuffer trails this afternoon for a couple of hours. Very enjoyable it was too, trails were in reasonable condition with a good bit of water and mud in the tree cover and dry and rocky up top in the open. Nice cruise round and even though it was getting on for 6pm the sun was still about. Sunny evening and two singlespeed Pugsley's making their way round the top of the Strathpuffer course then back down to Sthrathpeffer.
I was speaking to Brian about the Puffer lite and if there is enough interest (which needs to be soon) they will run the Scottish singlespeed championship again at the Puffer lite, but unless we can get a good amount of genuine interest they wont hold any entries back specifically for SS'ers. Anybody else going? The full twelve hours will be in daylight this year so no need for lights.
I've decided I will run the Pugsley as after today I think I will be just as quick over the twelve hours as the 1X1 as Pugs rides the rocky stuff easier and is less fatigueing, slower most likely but I think over twelve hours it will work itself back in. I'm doing it solo rather than a team but if anyone is interested let me know and I will pass it on.
Can't get down to Sundays ride as Heather is working so me and the little man will be watching the tour of Flanders, but have a good one lads and happy trails, sorry, happy easter trails.

Jamie

I'm interested in SS'ing the Lite Jamie, if only to remind myself how diabolically useless I am and beat my pathetic last attempt by one lap and not crash :LOL:

Think I'm free for the event but will need to double check, either way pass on my interest ;)

Went to see the Red Bull Hill Chasers in the centre of Edinburgh tonight. 200m course up a cobble street with an 8.9% gradient from a standing start. The winner was on a 29er Zaskar as far as I could tell. I didn't have a view of the finish line. The roadies were amazingly fast over the top section but didn't have the traction on the cobbles to get away quickly. Interestingly a few roadies chose to ride MTBs because of the cobbles.

The top guys did it in in under 19 seconds!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79511894@N07/8603397095/

Sounds like a good night Tazio :)
Cheers for the interest Velo, I'll pass it on. Hopefully a few more will come onboard (hint hint) and we'll get the championship running.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back