Tips on cable cutting please

PopsTrippin":3e0knq06 said:
wookiee":3e0knq06 said:
...this better be the Team coming together!

Absolutely :D LSN make a good job of the pink ;)

Oh yeah I can vouch for that and good on Marc for taking on another "pink" challenge! Lets see the progress pics next!

wookiee":z4ayd9ck said:
I have always found a good set of snips just fine then a bit of smoothing off with a fine file...

this is what I do.. less chance of losing a finger and it's pretty quick

wookiee":1td7i2ts said:
PopsTrippin":1td7i2ts said:
wookiee":1td7i2ts said:
...this better be the Team coming together!

Absolutely :D LSN make a good job of the pink ;)

Oh yeah I can vouch for that and good on Marc for taking on another "pink" challenge! Lets see the progress pics next!

slowly......i'm getting back to myself again, the whisky helps me sleep and....yes i'm better now.

:LOL: :LOL:

'kin pink

oh, on topic, i've got away with some good old side cutters, electrician style. then i bash the end(if coiled type) with blunt instrument to pre-compress the outer cable end to help eliminate outer cable shrinkage, which can put your indexing out over time, put right which adjuster barrel though :)

FluffyChicken":2xkma1oa said:
My personal method
Dremel with Diamond Cutting Disc stright through, then using the flat edge to grind it back to the dead flat (or angle if required). Very quick to do.
diamond-cutting-disk-dremel-topazzatech-1212-11-topazzatech@2.jpg

Clever use of a rotary tool. I've always found a good clean cut was possible from a good set of park cable cutters and a very quick and firm 'snap'. But I'm going to try my dremel next time. ;)

Latest posts

Back