My Colnago Mexico Pics Updated

JYvdK

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

Just some mobile pics of my first build.....

I had this Colnago frame kicking about that was never build, so could not resist any longer and had to have go...

It has now been build with all period Campagnolo Record, wheels come from TVM Team, I put these wheels on this bike as a hommage to Marc Siemons, a great cyclist: the wheels used to be his and he raced them, the rims got his initials on them , may he rest in peace..

Have a look...

Before:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=245388

Now:

wed9apr009_zpsae27a791.jpg

wed9apr014_zpsf8325739.jpg

wed9apr008_zps50ba9d70.jpg

wed9apr004_zpsfd929cf2.jpg

wed9apr002_zps5e24319f.jpg

wed9apr001_zps99777488.jpg

496c4881-a2de-4e42-967b-951e4d4c0ae7_zps909a5986.jpg

wed9apr016_zpsa11a3ff6.jpg

wed9apr018_zps2e8f5adc.jpg

wed9apr020_zpsaa138287.jpg

wed9apr022_zpsd54b54b2.jpg

wed9apr015_zps34b0c019.jpg

wed9apr003_zpsea743d01.jpg

Still need: hint hint pm

- nice yellow period water bottle

Re: My Colnago Mexico Build now finished !!

what a stunner! :D I actually really like it with the Brooks, some toe clips with yellow or purple straps would really set that off!
Also are the brake cables a little too long??.... I am loving it!
James.

Thanks! Break cables will be shortened once I got the tan hoods ( see road wanted :eek: ).
I like the brooks too but in my head it's got a suede saddle,turbo , sprint or rolls, anything Italian I agree with toe- clips, will get that done, was keen to post pics before it was finalised :D

That's turning out nicely. I like the yellow bar ribbon and brake cables. I'd also shorten them and route them behind the stem. The Brooks Pro (?) looks great I think. I guess you're a bit small for this frame, not that it matters as long as you're happy with it. :)

Yep, it's a Brooks Pro, I see what you mean with hight however it's not too big,I can put saddle higher , It's set a bit low, I still got some cm left there ;)

The yellow looks good with the yellow on decals and rims,they used to come like this, ( see pic) better pics will be taken soon with proper camera and hopefully with vintage bidon, hoods and Italian saddle :eek:

mexicoyellow_zps8be7c33b.jpg

Yep, I see , on the case! I got a shorter than that stem on this one Cheers!

Re: My Colnago Mexico Build now finished !! More Pics

Just took this baby out for a ride, what a dream!! Absolute silence when cycling,not a peep, great!! Took some more pics and added them to the top.. enjoy!

Nice!!! Sure it rides like a dream...
Two things though - why do you think it's Mexico? It has foil decal on chainstay instead of chrome-plating and Colnago Super decal. Also the tubing is not crimped. Which means it's "Super"..

SgTDrqk.jpg

... And the other thing - such a lovely bike cries for some tubs!!!

PS. I got NOS Campag lever hoods and will be in Edinburgh next weekend ;)

Back