Giant ATX 990, 990, 980, 970, 900 etc etc

jimmy5willy":180vt0o6 said:
Dr.Robotnik":180vt0o6 said:
Hi all,

I got given a red rear end one the other day but it has a snapped bolt by the BB pivot. Does anyone know where I can get a spare?

I thought BETD but they say no.

Let me know if anyone can help.

Was that the one I saw 12/28 selling on eBay?
Anyway, I got my scrapper out. I've got both female pivots but you'll need a male bolt that goes through both pivots from the drive Side. Should be a piece of cake to source. I can take one out my 980 and measure. Looks like m6 by 50mm hex bolt.

No a friend gave it to me as he's doing up his house and having a clearout. He ideally wants a commuter bike so I said I'd put some scrap bits on I have and see what I can sell it for.

The pivot bolts I have are about 15mm (I haven't measured just going on memory) in diameter for the bearing to seat on then take an 6mm allen key. There is a male and female side with the male bit being an M6 ish thread. The male bolt has snapped.

Do you have a different version with two females and a bolt slots through?

If I can make it work I'd love to get it to fix this bike up as I'm having no luck elsewhere on the web.

Yep, all of mine have 2 threadless females and a long bolt going through holding them together. (One of the pivots has an internal thread on it)

270397_10150648240185541_717250540_19319900_1486119_n.jpg

<fuzzycam>

Does anyone have exploded views for the pivots instalation?
There are teflon washers included , but not on both sides of the pivot installation.
I had new bushings made a few years ago , installed them finally yesterday , but am messing around with were to put washers or not?
thanks for all information!

Which pivots? Off the top of my head I think only both ends of the seat stay had plastic washers.
Should be 2 washers per bolt on the outer edges of the inner piece. I think.
Does that make sense?! Lol

Thats not realy helping my frind. Anyone having his ATx 9** in parts at the moment? I would be much obliged. :cool:

New member.

I have just bought one of these frames, I had a new one back in '98 I think.
Aahhh memories. My next DH rig was a ATX1 2nd gen (different rear caliper mounting)
Looks like my old shock from the 1 will fit the 990. Have long travel plates on boyh frames.

Back