Weight Watching - Worthwhile Worrying?

You can't really call a result after only one guess now can you? You would be closest even if you we're over or under by a ridiculous figure................. Not that I'm saying anything to give you a clue!

The History Man":1b97q77o said:
You can't really call a result after only one guess now can you? You would be closest even if you we're over or under by a ridiculous figure................. Not that I'm saying anything to give you a clue!
I'll guess at 33lbs.

The History Man":3kz9s0ts said:

Ok well I'm guessing a lot over! My '08 Marin full suss is just shy of 28lbs so I am going to go heavy at 32lbs!!

Any more offers? I must say I was expecting a bit more of a competition. Lets hope there's a few more guesses....

32 lbs. And here's my take on it. It's true light bikes are nicer to ride, but a decent quality heavier bike can also be enjoyable. Case in point; my summer/Sunday bike is a Giant TCR Advanced. Weighs 18lbs, amazing to ride, goes like stink etc. My rest of the year bike is a Cannondale CAAD 8, which weighs 21lbs(base model, triple chainset, Sora). It too is brilliant to ride, but doesn't quite have the snap of the Giant.

To qualify my point above, i've recently built a 20 year old Dawes The Edge into a road bike. It's by no means light, at 26lbs, yet is outstanding to ride. Due to its heavy wheels it takes more effort to get rolling than both road bikes, but is still quick. Something my Garmin will confirm: my average speed on it is within 0.5 mph of the speed I get on the 'Dale. The way I see it, I have a fast bike that's really nice to ride, but with added resistance training. It's a win/win situation!

Regards

Marge

Back