Disadvantages of winning millions

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What do you think would be your disadvantage of winning millions? Mine would be I'd think I could drink every night but then I'd end up seriously obese and die early but would I be able to resist. The advantage would be I could buy a house to fit my family.

Your thoughts?

Alison

None that I can think of. :D

A couple of things I have considered.

Buying up all the 1 penny chews available, thus causing a shortage, so I can then sell them all at 2p and double my money.

Buying an expensive sports car and having the personalised number plate "Tuesday". I would then only drive it on a Tuesday so that everyone would assume I had another 6.

I reckon I'd probably end up just wasting the rest.

seeing some friends turn from friends into arseoles

seeing me turn into an arseole

seeing more lost relatives than I ever had or wanted

None, really. I don't see the appeal in the whole 'mansion, designer clothes, new Bentley, lines of coke, vintage wine' lifestyle. I'd still buy clothes from charity shops (but sh1tloads more of them), live in a single-storey house, drive old cars (I genuinely hate driving new ones), shop at the same supermarkets, and hang out with the same people as I do now. And class-A substances don't appeal in the slightest.
Actually, I should expand on the cars - I would actually buy as many as I could physically house in barns & garages around my house, and then several more. I wouldn't buy expensive cars for the sake of being flash, but unfortunately a number of my dream cars ARE bloody expensive. None of them are Bentleys, though.
Seriously, although there are a lot of things I'd spunk money on, most of my spending wouldn't be obvious to people around me, and I have enough friends already that like me when I'm skint.

having money to allow me to continue my lifestyle as it is without future worry would be sufficient........i am long of the opinion that a huge amount of wealth would knock most hard working and grounded people off centre, and prove to be a curse in the longrun......enough to pay off my mortgage, provide me with about 20k a year for the rest of my years, and to be able to employ myself usefully without the need to earn a wage would do......

......i would love to be able to put a van/minibus on the road and do favours for the deserving, free of charge.......like a batman figure, just in jeans and a 'rb' t shirt....... :D

Back