The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

I'm looking for a sub £100 pair of bookshelf speakers. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm liking the look of the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. Any opinions on these?

theproudhighway":j16tgdjd said:
I'm looking for a sub £100 pair of bookshelf speakers. Anyone have any recommendations?

Try a set of diminutive Mordaunt Short MS05s if you can get them S/H retailed for around £100 ten/fifteen years ago but surprisingly good. Barely 12" tall but fairly crank it out. I still have a set in the kitchen :D

Mr Panda":y0pgmbhf said:
theproudhighway":y0pgmbhf said:

Try a set of diminutive Mordaunt Short MS05s if you can get them S/H retailed for around £100 ten/fifteen years ago but surprisingly good. Barely 12" tall but fairly crank it out. I still have a set in the kitchen :D

Thanks, Mr Panda, I'll keep an eye out for a pair.

Any other suggestions?

theproudhighway":6c0l5ou5 said:
Mr Panda":6c0l5ou5 said:
theproudhighway":6c0l5ou5 said:

Thanks, Mr Panda, I'll keep an eye out for a pair.

Any other suggestions?

here (not mine)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mordaunt-shor ... 4768157%26

:D :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have Wharfedale 8.2s in the kitchen and 8.1s in the wife's sewing room and they are both awesome for the money.

Running 9.3s in the main surround system too and pretty pleased with them too....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for the links and suggestions, lads. There's plenty of choice out there, that's for sure. I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to Hi-Fi, last separates I owned were in the mid 90's.

Back