1991 Muirwoods frameset,black lx bits,flite,mavic oxygen,S/S

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
With a heavy heart I'm selling my singlespeed project based on a 91/92 Marin Muirwoods with the iconic Zolatone/fluro green colour scheme.
The paint isn't pristine, there are chips and knocks as you'd expect for a 20 odd year old bike that's actually been riddden all it's life but it's by no means a beater. The worst mark is on the seat tube where it looks like a d-lock clamp used to live (will post pic of this area later). There are also no decals as you can see.
If it sounds like I'm talking her down I'm just trying to be honest about the condition, she's a lovely bike to ride and with the "instant memory throwback" colour scheme she's a joy to have in the cave and will be sadly missed. However needs must and I need to raise funds for something new (sssshhhh, don't mention the 'M' word).

Frame size is:

Seat Tube c/c - 17.5"
Top Tube c/c - 21.5"

Now splitting out for parts, prices below are for paypal gift and include postage.
Let me know if you want any better pictures of individual parts.

Frame: 1991/92 Marin Muirwoods frame, forks & Stem with nearly identical colour matched unbranded bars, Ritchey True Grip grips, black Kalloy seatpost, Marin seat binder & Shimano bottom bracket. £40
Black LX chainset, good condition with 22 & 42 rings (no middle), allen key crank bolts & silver chainring bolts. £20 SOLD P/P
Black LX Headset, 1 1/8”, good condition. £10 SOLD
Black LX cantilever brakes, full set in good condition with Madison Aztec pads. £20
Dia Compe SS7 drilled brake levers, black. A couple of marks but good nick. £15 SOLD
Odyssey Svelte wheel skewers, black. £10
TecArt cable hangers, green, great condition. £5 SOLD
Unbranded green anodised alloy chainring bolts, for triples not singlespeed. £3
Dicta 18 tooth screw on freewheel with tool. Freewheel used a handful of times, tool used once. £10
Selle Italia Flite saddle, good condition. £25
Wheels Mavic Oxygen M6 CD rims on Shimano Deore MT60 front hub & Sachs screw on rear hub with green alloy nipples and black plain gauge spokes. The hubs have been rattle can sprayed in fluro green. £35
Thought I’d offer these as complete to start with just in case but I will split and do just the rims at £30 if needs be. Not much of a reduction I know but the spokes were cheap and the hubs were parts bin bits so the rims are the only thing with any real value.

Tranz-x Silver riser Bars, approx 50mm rise with brace - £8
Araya 26x1.50 rims on Shimano hubs, early 90’s Kona spec’d basic jobs with 13/30 7 speed cassette - £20 SOLD
Joe Murray Maximum tyre, about 2/3 tread depth left, some cracking along sidewall/tread line and faded label. Nothing great but it is what it is - £8

Attachments

• Marin3.JPG
    Marin3.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Marin2.JPG
    Marin2.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Marin1.jpg
    Marin1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,077
Re: 1991/92 Marin Muirwoods Singlespeed

Aah, important information that I really should have on the ad - will measure up tonight :oops: :oops: :oops:
In the pics it's setup for me and I'm 5' 8" if that offers any guidance in the meantime.

NakedGav":89zdv1ze said:
Aah, important information that I really should have on the ad - will measure up tonight :oops: :oops: :oops:
In the pics it's setup for me and I'm 5' 8" if that offers any guidance in the meantime.

Ok I'm guessing it might be a bit small for me then... :(

Original post edited with frame size (17.5" c/c seat tube, 21.5" c/c top tube) and here's a pic of the marking to the seat tube where I think a lock clamp has been.

Attachments

• P1060456.JPG
    P1060456.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 967

Any offers before I'm forced to strip her down and sell things off separately?

Re: 1991 Muirwoods frameset,black lx bits,flite,mavic oxygen

Now splitting, original post updated with parts & prices.

Latest posts

Back