Tulstar - A confession and an apology

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This has been playing on my mind for quite some time now.
I know that I will get some abuse on this thread, and I am prepared for that.
I just wanted to set the record straight, and get this off my chest.

Before I carry on, I'd like people to at least take into consideration any dealings which they have had with me since I joined the forum as Barneyballbags. I am not a rip-off merchant (for one, I'm not intelligent enough).

I was previously registered on this forum as "Tulstar" - I messed a few people around with regards to people buying things from me and then not receiving them. I AM NOT going to make any excuses for my behaviour, as it is inexcusable. I managed to get myself into a mess as I was moving house and, rather than sitting down and trying to sort everything out when it got into a mess, I buried my head in the sand and ended up with a forum ban. And quite rightly so.

Everyone who bought bits from me either received a refund or received their items (eventually). However, the way in which I dealt with this and the time it took to sort things out was completely out of order, and I apologise.

I then re-joined the forum some months later using my current username - Barneyballbags. John and (I presume) the rest of the moderators know about me and know about my previous account with Retrobike. John has very kindly let me stay on the forum for the past couple of years, during which time I have tried to become an active, trustworthy member. I have bought and sold lots of items on the forum over the past couple of years, and I have built up quite a few pages of positive feedback from my dealings with other forum members. I have also tried to "right my wrongs" as it were by offering up bikes and bits as Karma.

I know that I will never get a "Gold Trader" badge next to my name (despite meeting the criteria as Barneyballbags), and I don't mind that.

I just wanted to clear the air and move on. I hope that everyone who I've dealt with since I rejoined the forum has been happy with the things that I've sold/given to them. If anyone wishes to throw some abuse my way, now is the time.

I realise that I did not have to say all this, but I've really enjoyed being a member on the forum and I just wanted to be 100% honest, even though it's way overdue!

Once again, I can only apologise for causing such a mess in the first place. I hope that you will take any previous dealings that you have had with me as Barneyballbags, into consideration.

Thanks
Mark

I think you must have sorted yourself out. I'm not sure I would have extended the credit I did to you had I known, but it all worked out in the end, so you're trustworthy in my book.

All credit to you for outing yourself like this, and for seeing the error of your past ways. For what it's worth I'd have far more confidence in buying things off of someone who can be as upfront as you are. Have a great weekend. Rich

Having bought several items from you, and following the refund before you even sent the shifters out, on account of you not being happy with their condition, I have absolutely no qualms with anything you may or may have not done in the past (it takes a bigger man to put his knack-sack on the line and be honest), and will not hesitate to buy from you in the future

Good on you Mark

G

Well I personally think a Gold Trader status should be given. 95 positive feedbacks with some excellent trading.
I understand if this can never be given, as there are good reasons. However it is so rare that people own up when they make mistakes and then positively rectify the situation I think an exception may be considered here?

Either that, or a "Reformed Crim" badge in black instead....??? ;-)

It takes a man to stand up and confess to what he has done.

I'm sure we all falter along the way in the 'single track' trail of life but we all get back on it again at some point, and you have certainly done that.

Respect comes from Honesty and you have been Honest so therefore you have my respect. I would be more than happy to deal with you :)

Jussa :D

I've had dealings with you since my time on here & have all been pleasant & straight forward, you're hardly one of the Krays! :D

Tony

Back