Deore XT - M730 - Chainring bolts / spacers????

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, I have bought m730 crank arms from one person and a set of rings from another...

What chainring bolts / spacers will I need? I have a couple piles from other cranksets I have taken apart... Are any of these correct or do I even need spacers?
(Disregard the little bits that don't belong in one of the piles)

See pics for reference... Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 537
Hi from england!

I'm fairly sure the fitment is similar to DX650 so, the stuff in the second picture should get you up and running for outer and middle. spacers, i often do a 'dry' run to see if they are necessary or not, they sit between the middle ring and the cranks' body to push it out 1mm so.

The long bolts in pic 3 are for the inner 'granny' ring. the chunky washers go between the small ring and cranks' body, thats it!

Again, the 1mm washers may not be necessary so, fit the rings up to the cranks without tightening anything up good. try with and without washers and look for spacing between all three rings, the more even the better. it will just come to you.

cheers.

Aaahhhh... Makes sense!

Thanks!! I have been avoiding assembling it for about a week now... Hahaha

=)

Not sure if this M730 diagram helps or not.
With the SG Aluminium granny ring (small) you have the spacer should be 4.0 or 4.3mm (I forget which it actually is) but either will work.

Image.ShimanoFCM730RP.gif

FluffyChicken":2ubffxun said:
Not sure if this M730 diagram helps or not.
With the SG Aluminium granny ring (small) you have the spacer should be 4.0 or 4.3mm (I forget which it actually is) but either will work.

Image.ShimanoFCM730RP.gif

Ooooo fancy! thanks!!! =)

Back