Spinergys vs Campagnolo

Carlos Da Silva

Devout Dirtbag
Quick question...however, I think I already know the answer and I'll be disappointed!

Currently run my road bike on mid 90s Campag throughout along with some period Mavic Ceramics. I'm tempted to put some Spinergy Rev x clinchers on, however, will the Campag 8 speed cassette fit?

Well it depends.... You could get a Campag body for the hub. Or you could run a Dura-Ace cassette.

But to be honest Spinergys are a bit pants.

dbmtb":248xosl4 said:
Well it depends.... You could get a Campag body for the hub. Or you could run a Dura-Ace cassette.

But to be honest Spinergys are a bit pants.

I wanted to be faithfully to my Campag rather than opt for a new Shimano cassette. I appreciate people's views on the Spinergys, however, if I used them it would be for aesthetics rather than performance.

Carlos Da Silva":3mwz9ffe said:
Does any peeps know if a standard Campag 8 speed free hub will fit on the Spinergy axle?

It won't. They used a modified shimano free hub . Nothing else will fit
You could either find a mavic cassette which was made to fit a shimano hub with campag cog spacing, or find a wheels manufacturing spacer kit which does the same thing...

Andy

fatfixie":zesmc5a5 said:
Carlos Da Silva":zesmc5a5 said:
Does any peeps know if a standard Campag 8 speed free hub will fit on the Spinergy axle?

It won't. They used a modified shimano free hub . Nothing else will fit
You could either find a mavic cassette which was made to fit a shimano hub with campag cog spacing, or find a wheels manufacturing spacer kit which does the same thing...

Andy

OK...thank you for the information Andy...much appreciated.

Back