My loved Look KG 186 Monoblade.

Very Nice !!
I am also building up a monocoque look (286) with Late Mavic components and I think a cassette rear hub like the 571/2 is a much stronger option (ie axle!!) than a 501 freewheel hub personally

ps are you running index shifting there?

Cooker":1hs72uyj said:
Awesome bike!

Get some mid 90's Mavic Cosmic Pro's on it.

Anyone know the difference between the KG186 and the KG196? Why was the KG196 (team issue) higher spec over the 186?
To the untrained eye they look the same.

Hi,

I read that the only difference is the different module of the carbon used... other people sais there is no difference.

They look exactly the same!!

Must be some differance otherwise it wouldn't warrant a new model designation.
I think lower grade carbon is probably correct/not as stiff.

whilst i do agree on that its certainly possible that a company can change the colour scheme and use a different designation so they can sell a product the following year (monocoque moulds in a whole range of sizes are not cheap i assume)

A friend of me sent to me this pics of a Spanish Magazine Bicisport from 1993. In this pics you can read that there are 2 models: 196 and 186, and the difference is that only the 196 have high module carbon fibre and ceramic. The form and shape is the same.

lafoto8.jpg

lafoto7.jpg

lafoto6.jpg

lafoto5.jpg

I thought as much.

Those Catalouge scans are AWESOME!!!
Can you get him to take really good pics of that mag, or scan those mag pics and post all that info up in high res?
That would be much appreciated. Or I can supply my email address if he wants to email them to me.
Cheers

A friend of me sent to me this pics of a Spanish Magazine Bicisport from 1993. In this pics you can read that there are 2 models: 196 and 186, and the difference is that only the 196 have high module carbon fibre and ceramic. The form and shape is the same.

Congratulations Evasee , looks great and well preserved along the years.
Only one apointment , the difference between KG196 & KG186 were the lack of the Vibténe system on KG186 models.

Attachments

• CATALOGUES LOOK 1992 (13).jpg
    CATALOGUES LOOK 1992 (13).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 8
  • LOOK1.jpg
    LOOK1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 8
  • CATALOGUES LOOK 1993 (12).jpg
    CATALOGUES LOOK 1993 (12).jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back