Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Mkozaczek's 1989 Doug Bradbury Manitou

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • landsbee's 1993 Sycip

Votes: 35 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mr_ship":2hto9dvh said:
The water bottle on the Ritchey looks too modern to me.

You got me there. As was the water in it. :?
Rest assured the cage is correct though. :p

As soon as I find one that fits the year, I will put it on there. I spent Sunday morning at a bike swap and that was on my short list of things to find (the bottle not the water). Although I did find a bottle from the 84 Olympics, nothing there said 1981.

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. The bike and project mean a lot to me and I am glad you appreciate it also.
Cheers,
T

I voted for Naders decoupage trek

It's not the best bike in the world if money is your standard, but this was a bike that involved the kids and family and if only most of us could achieve that then they might understand our obsession, so for fun, involvement and introducing humour where far to often seriousness is involved..naders got my vote

halaburt":23g8r26f said:
A bit of a “pedal rant”:

- One bike doesn’t have them at all (corrected now with a late pic).
- Five of the bikes (six if you count the alternate pic of the Manitou) have one-sided flat pedals intended for clips/straps but being run without clips/straps.
- Two of the bikes with clips/straps setups have their straps “tucked” -- rendering the straps much less useful.

Do any of you actually ride the bikes this way? Did you ride them this way BITD?

I’m not even taking issue with the period-correctness of the pedals (and clips/straps) chosen. I’m as guilty as many I’m sure of riding vintage bikes with modern pedals. I’ve even been know to ride modern bikes with vintage clips/straps. But at least setup whatever pedal you’re going to use properly!

Rant over.

I may have the straps tucked but thats because I always ride in the same beat up pair of trainers that fit that strap size! ;)

sylus":27ib0tfr said:
I voted for Naders decoupage trek

It's not the best bike in the world if money is your standard, but this was a bike that involved the kids and family and if only most of us could achieve that then they might understand our obsession, so for fun, involvement and introducing humour where far to often seriousness is involved..naders got my vote

Cheers mate :D

got to be wookiee's marin for me, i always want a marin (didn't care which) with that grey paint :D

i also used to ride with straps tucked in wookiee till i could afford proper shoes and pedals :D :D :D

Kitmech":2ac43pdt said:
got to be wookiee's marin for me, i always want a marin (didn't care which) with that grey paint :D

i also used to ride with straps tucked in wookiee till i could afford proper shoes and pedals :D :D :D

Cheers mate...spent all my money on bikes so nothing left for flashy footwear! :LOL:

Back