Klein Attitude

DougieF

Dirt Disciple
Here is my newly built Klein Attitude. I picked up the frame on Ebay. It is a post Trek Klein, but I still like it!

I think it is a 2001 frame.

20130316_110619_zpsba4daf23.jpg

Spec

Frame: Klein Attitude 2001

Fork: Rockshox Judy TT

Stem: Unbranded
Handlebar: 3T Riser
Grips: Lizard Skins

Brakes: Shimano Deore XT V Brakes
Brake Pads: Shimano Deore XT Pads
Brake Cables: Shimano M System
Brake Levers: Avid

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT 9sp
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT
Chainset: Shimano Deore LX
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore LX

Hub Skewers: Deore XT
Rims: DRC MT19
Hubs: Shimano Deore
Tyres: Ritchey Z-Max

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Unbranded
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite

Lovely bike, I had a year 2000 and rode it everywhere. After I made it as lite as poss I sold it, :facepalm: in about 2010.

A mate had one ride on mine and went out and bought a 2001 Attitude just like yours on the way home!

There isn't much love here for the Trek Kleins, I can't think why. Maybe there should be thread for them here?

I have a 99 attitude and it's possibly the best bike I own.

It's in the guise of a commuter atm to keep the Mrs happy.
Will bob some pics up at some point

ericthemadfish":39ot4xxr said:
I have a 99 attitude and it's possibly the best bike I own.

It's in the guise of a commuter atm to keep the Mrs happy.
Will bob some pics up at some point
still waiting for pics!!

Nowt wrong with the later TrekKlein's, the earlier ones will be more collectable but that just makes he later ones better value :D

LDP":3qc13j57 said:
Nowt wrong with the later TrekKlein's, the earlier ones will be more collectable but that just makes he later ones better value :D

Exactly. This is my 1999 (2000 model I believe) in Jamaican Gold. The paint is just amazing, it was barely used when I got it but even after a few years of abused it just glows.

8620866201_379e055232_c.jpg

errol":q76ki29m said:
LDP":q76ki29m said:

Exactly. This is my 1999 (2000 model I believe) in Jamaican Gold. The paint is just amazing, it was barely used when I got it but even after a few years of abused it just glows.

8620866201_379e055232_c.jpg
If you want to swap those cranks for mine in Light Bronze/Titanium color, I am REALLY intrested!

Back