Snow on North York Moors

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anybody out there been up on't moors in the last few days , is it thick or sparse ? Trying to plan my warm sunny easter break and that's where I'm headed.
Matthew

looking from a19 going home snow all over hills;as you look out towards the east.
that's Whitby and the seas direction :D and its blooming cold so its going to stay
do yourself a favour buy an x box or sumat :cool:

Nowt in the Kirkbymoorside area,might be a slight dusting on the top of the moors from what I can see from the upstairs window.

Matthews":1js6dj1j said:
Anybody out there been up on't moors in the last few days , is it thick or sparse ? Trying to plan my warm sunny easter break and that's where I'm headed.
Matthew

There's some deep drifts up on the north eastern edges but mostly ridable, I maybe riding Saturday from home to Whitby for fish and chips if your interested ?

Ps Have a look on mtbe, Ralf was up there today and has posted some pics

Cheers Vern , I was thinking of either doing the Rosedale railway or Sutton bank to Hawnby (a la your Hambleton ride but cutting down off the rigg slightly earlier) then climbing up to Newgate bank and over the top and down Riccal Dale and back to Nawton (where we're camping) on Saturday , (the wife can get a good walk from the top of Sutton Bank with the pooches so dumps me there and meet back at the caravan ). Wheres home ?
Matthew

just back from pickering, no snow what so ever up there, within eye shot, helmsley etc... even across to the east of sutton back where you can see that white horse. nowt. i dare say up towards rosedale there must be some banks of the white stuff but nothing to worry about.

have a good 'un. :cool:

Cheers Marc, will do , Saturday's Sutton bank to Hawnby then up to Newgate bank and down Riccal dale , Sunday's a nice leisurely run round Rosedale , or at least thats the plan so far.
Matthew

Snow report.

I did the Drove Road from the Sutton Bank end yesterday, as well as a quick spin about in Boltby and Silton Forrest, there was some deep drifts (over knee height) on the Drove Road but they were all after you will be turning east to Hawnby. On the tops it was frozen and the riding was OK, but lower down it had thawed and its very wet, the fire roads in the forests were good but as soon as I turned off them it was a mudfest. Have a good ride, don't forget your gloves, its chilly.

Back