Royal Mail can sod off!!!

Can't help you on what courier to use but you may want to chuckle at this!

I make very high quality museum aircraft models and most models require filler here & there along the joint lines
well I made an Avro Lancaster which was going all the way to Canada, it survived the trip through Royal Mails
mine-field. Flying at 300mph on a much bigger aeroplane, my model made it to customs in Canada where the
BASTARDS felt duly concerned what the filler was along the edges of the model, They used a screw driver
to pry the model apart! Resulting in wrecking my model which had taken me near on a year to make.WANKERS!!!

The model was then just 'thrown' back into its packaging and re-sealed back up!! It reached the museum and
they were shocked to open the box to find the model gutted, Later that week the museum got a letter from
an unknown person telling them of the guy who wrecked that beautiful model at Customs, this un-known person
told the inspector to leave it be as you can see its personal property and doesn't hold drugs.

enough of the twit-for-tw@t!

costs for everything in general are only ever going to go up.
Royal Mail is like any other private company now.
i use Royal mail for small inexpensive items (2nd class signed for) and pay an average of £3.15 for my bits.
anything heavier, then i use a courier service like senditnow, parcel2go etc.
i used Yodel recently to send a wheel - it got there safely, however, i dont think i'll be using them again based on the comments i;ve seen about them.

UPS and Myhermes have been good for me in the past and i've used both on several occasions.

unless i know the person and its of relatively little cost/importance, i chance it with standard 2nd class postage.

anything else, i get proof it was sent and have it signed for.
its always going to be cheaper to send it via mail rather than deliver it yourself - BUT considering the amount of mail that passes through their system, i would like to see how they justify these cost increases and reductions in package sizes.

when companies increase costs like this, its like Taxes, once implimented, they never go back. ever.

So you
a) used to work with/for Royal Mail but you still used them despite allegedly seeing mail being treated badly?
b) go all the way to a post office to weigh something and get a price when you can much more easily weigh it at home and find the price online? I have NEVER got a different quote when I have done this and subsequently gone to a PO, and I frequent about 20-30 PO's around Yorkshire as I work in a large area and have visited a lot of them.
c) think you package stuff up correctly but yet it still arrives damaged? I have sold around 400 items on ebay and all the stuff on my feedback thread on here and I've never had a problem, using RM as my main delivery service.
d) insult people on here who want to discuss it with you. I can see how serving you in a PO would be a supreme pleasure, I wonder if the counter person upped the price just because of how nice you are?

I suggest you use Yodel. Their prices will suit you more, but please come back and let us know how you got on.

Wasn't twit twat a band in the 80's? used to wear their clothes on back to front?

for small packets you probably won't beat Royal Mail, for much larger packets you probably won't beat senditnow.com or other reliable couriers

I've been sending things by Royal Mail for over 20 years, never had anything go missing or get broken and have always received items quickly and in perfect condition, they get my vote.

Alison

sylus":22ijtqv3 said:
Wasn't twit twat a band in the 80's? used to wear their clothes on back to front?

you might be thinking of Kriss Kross.....but they were the 90's....

01-Kris%20Kross%20Then%20and%20Now.jpg

twain":3ej1vpe4 said:
you might be thinking of Kriss Kross.....but they were the 90's....
01-Kris%20Kross%20Then%20and%20Now.jpg

Clearly, their clothes are on the right way around

It's just their feet that are on backwards

Maybe they were sent through the post (like Flat Stanley?)

Back