Salsa El Mariachi 29er

saltyman":15ilqflx said:
Still enjoying it?

Yes - wished I'd gone down a frame size - but it is very comfy. I don't use it half as much as you use yours. But I do like Salsa stuff - Surly is from the same stable :D

theproudhighway":1q2zupyo said:
Really like your bike. Have you thought about some brown leather grips to compliment the saddle?

No not really - the Pepperjacks are pretty good. I like the fact the saddle stands out and doesn't match anything. Brooks are a luxury really - but they are bloody brilliant. Feels like you're sitting on air when they're broken in!

neebsta":1txsm6gh said:
theproudhighway":1txsm6gh said:
Really like your bike. Have you thought about some brown leather grips to compliment the saddle?

No not really - the Pepperjacks are pretty good. I like the fact the saddle stands out and doesn't match anything. Brooks are a luxury really - but they are bloody brilliant. Feels like you're sitting on air when they're broken in!

I've always wanted one myself. How many miles before they start to break in?

Yeah you're right, the Brooks does stand out the way you've set the bike up.

theproudhighway":1cyyt9in said:
neebsta":1cyyt9in said:
theproudhighway":1cyyt9in said:

I've always wanted one myself. How many miles before they start to break in?

Yeah you're right, the Brooks does stand out the way you've set the bike up.

Didn't seem like long at all to be honest - I have plenty of cushioning anyway ;) I'd highly recommend one - plus they're British made ;)

Back