Royal Mail can sod off!!!

suburbanreuben":itqlw2q4 said:
Send it first class for only 10p more! That's value for money!
£1 of your cost is for recorded delivery.
If you can get the packet through the bigger window of the posties card you'll save a quid or so.
You think a courier is going to be much cheaper, if at all? Cream on!
True, but I will be sending larger items soon. ;)

Also, six stamps will not be enough insurance if the Royal Maul lose it. That's why I want a courier for all of my items.

This thread will go on and on with if's and but's, so I'm just after a courier if anyone has experience of a good service? Thanks ;)

There is a senditnow company or something like, that people on here used, but do no use Yodel. They make CityLink look like saints.

As a side; The other problem with other 'letter' size is if one postoffice can get it through a window and they stamp it etc, the sender may still get charged an underpaid fee as has happened to me a few times both ways.
I guess the size is not universal in the royalmail :doh:

FluffyChicken":1gx5zrw3 said:
There is a senditnow company or something like, that people on here used, but do no use Yodel. They make CityLink look like saints.
Thanks Chicken, can anyone help?

Another shout NOT to use Yodel from me.

They managed to lose one of my bikes for almost 3 weeks, and they managed to RUN OVER another one of my bikes with a forklift truck at one of their depots. They then put some "repacked by YODEL" tape over the ruined box in the hope that I might not notice the massive dent and gouge that they put in the downtube of the bike (an S Works FSR, no less..)

I've said it before, but you would honestly have more luck putting your parcel in a trebuchet, and launching it in the general direction of where you want it to end up, than you would using Yodel.

They are truly, truly awful.

I think you may struggle to find anything less than the £3.65 you have been quoted. Looking on Royal Mail's site the £3.65 is for 1st class recorded. 2nd class recorded would be £3.15 ;) .

retroyetirigid":3pnmvpbi said:
I think you may struggle to find anything less than the £3.65 you have been quoted. Looking on Royal Mail's site the £3.65 is for 1st class recorded. 2nd class recorded would be £3.15 ;) .
Really? You mean that Miss. M. Sod has a cloned sister in every post office? FFS, I give up! :roll:

There is a new size err tester thing (the plastic thing you can test the size of your parcel?) coes into effect on the 2nd i think. Saw it today, looks overall smaller.

Back