Tyre Cleaning - saving money!!

Cheap 'Bathroom Mouse' the stuff in aerosol cans and an old toothbrush, Spray the tyres let it foam up and leave for ten minutes
get hold of the old toothbrush and give em' a good scrub and then rinse down, spin wheels to throw out excess water they come up like new.

Make sure its an old toothbrush and not the wifes, unlike what I did and when she brushed her teeth, she shouted''IAN'' :mrgreen:

Seems to be a common thread - 'borrowing' wife's toothbrush - has no one ever used their own? :D

I should add that toothbrushes are available £1 for four in cheap supermarkets, i use those as my wife would kill me (note no smilie as this is not a joke!).

Richard

last 15 years i've used surgical spirit, has the added benifit of making your tyres a little bit sticky
as for WD40 :facepalm: i'm i the only one that thinks thats madness

pondlife":3dlf7wwh said:
last 15 years i've used surgical spirit, has the added benifit of making your tyres a little bit sticky
as for WD40 :facepalm: i'm i the only one that thinks thats madness

:LOL: So the guy using surgical spirit and leaving tyres 'sticky' thinks WD40 is madness :LOL:

WD40 is mainly Decane and Mineral Oil, I wouldn't leave a tyre soaking in it for weeks but it works fine for cleaning off tar, oil, grease and grime stains. Decane is a component of petrol and no worse than any other chemical contact that tyres have through general road use.

and it doesn't leave them 'sticky' :roll:

pondlife":29mvt0yt said:
it's a track thing!
I remember being at the Leicester Track years ago and on one of the turns cyclists kep't crashing and sliding down the embankment.

Turns out there was a woman slurping on an ice lolly and its was melting and running down the track :shock:

LOL
Ian, admit it - it was you!!!!!

Still looking for the red circle LMAO!!!

TGR":3pbz3jgd said:
LOL Ian, admit it - it was you!!!!! Still looking for the red circle LMAO!!!

I remember the woman getting all apologetic over the ice lolly sarga, then this strapping youth walks around the base of the track shouting..

''LOOK JUST FOOK OFF WILL YOU AND LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY SHORTS''

The red circle is there Richard ! You must be a right wanker

Ian,

You know me too well.....

Your story still seems vague - are you the strapping youth?

Richard

Back