1990 Marin Pine Mountain (Rescue!)

sherlylock":2odz7n3d said:
Next addition to the rat-bike......a pair of XT PD-M735 (cartridge bearing) pedals. Been on the look-out for these for a while and these came up at the right price, with toe-straps (cheers Alex!). Overall they're in great shape - nice and smooth bearings, not hugely worn just some cosmetic scuffing.

I did a bit of cosmetic tarting up - lightly filed down any major scuffing - masked off the majority of the pedal and just resprayed the end faces and then touched in the logos with white paint.

Was watching a pair of these on eBay over the weekend (out of interest) which were nearly NOS, but still scratched so not perfect - ended up selling for £55......! :shock:

How on earth did you manage to get the lettering so neat? Got a pair that i need to do.

PopsTrippin":2t2dz0pz said:
sherlylock":2t2dz0pz said:
Next addition to the rat-bike......a pair of XT PD-M735 (cartridge bearing) pedals. Been on the look-out for these for a while and these came up at the right price, with toe-straps (cheers Alex!). Overall they're in great shape - nice and smooth bearings, not hugely worn just some cosmetic scuffing.

I did a bit of cosmetic tarting up - lightly filed down any major scuffing - masked off the majority of the pedal and just resprayed the end faces and then touched in the logos with white paint.

Was watching a pair of these on eBay over the weekend (out of interest) which were nearly NOS, but still scratched so not perfect - ended up selling for £55......! :shock:

How on earth did you manage to get the lettering so neat? Got a pair that i need to do.

Sorry Rich.....I missed this reply......

Just painted them in using a small paintbrush and some humbrol enamel white. Then T-cutted off any bits which went outside the recessed lettering.

Long overdue update - Looking much the same as when I bought it 18 months ago the PM has been temporarily decommissioned - for a proper resto. The Zolatone is really tired (always has been) and I've now got a '91 PM frame that I've swapped all the bits onto (in the background of the pic). Seatpost is also stuck which I'm planning to freeze out in the near future......

It's been a fantastic commuter for over a year and after seeing Foulplay's PM resto recently I think it's time to give this old girl a bit of TLC.......

Attachments

• knackered pm.JPG
    knackered pm.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 347
Seeing that PM in the background takes me back to the 90's, all fuzzy weird like! that's how they were, used, basically :cool:

so, mart, new zolatone re-do on the cards? let's see how that goes. powdercoat neon orange? yes. ;)

If you get stuck for floro orange i can assist.

I will check for updates.

cheers.

Class mate! 1990 Palisades was my first proper MTB, loved it, steel Marins always ride just right! :)

I miss mine, but built the mrs a later metallic dark pink Eldridge... triple butted steel rides like a dream!

Got a 94 palisades if you wanna reacquaint yourself ;-)

(Surplus to requirements, must get round to sorting it out and shifting it - but won't be as good as the eldridge or as evocative as the 90 palisades)

Back