Rare Chesini project for sale. SOLD

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
I bought this and haven't got the time/skill to complete the project.
The frame has lovely features, internal derailleur cable, Campy single shifter, amazing ornate head lugs and enamel badge.
The Chesini lettering on the side is embossed in aluminium or SS.
The arc between the seat and downtube suggest it may be designed as a X bike. It's currently running old style 26 x 1 3/8 wheels which are in great shape, 4 speed freewheel at the rear.
It will take 700C OK.
The bars and stem I've popped on for appearance and aren't with the sale ( I do have some black 3TTT bars and matching stem I can include )

Issues, it obviously had a front ender at some point, there's a slight deformation in the underside of the top tube and you can see this and forks slightly out of alignment in pics.
There is a slight splay in the drive side seat stay, whether this is original to allow the freewheel clearance or a bodge I have no idea.
Well there it is, a lovely but flawed bit of history.
It owes me a couple of hundred quid so let's say £185 or offer and hope someone can give her a good home. NOW £100 ( see last post )

Attachments

• Chesini X01.jpg
    Chesini X01.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Chesini X02.jpg
    Chesini X02.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Chesini X07.jpg
    Chesini X07.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Chesini X09.jpg
    Chesini X09.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Chesini X12.jpg
    Chesini X12.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Chesini X08.jpg
    Chesini X08.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,391
Re: Rare Chesini project for sale.

price is really very negotiable...don't be shy of PM ing what it's worth to you...if you think this frame is beyond help, tell me. :eek:(

Looks like a bargain for someone With some frame building knowledge .... :)

OK update, I obtained this from a mate in Verona who I go to for retro Chesini parts as and when, he was unaware of the frame damage ( you can forgive that, it's not a massive distortion ) and was riding it like that for a year!!
He offered to take the frame back, but clearly I'd have to ship it, so if anyone has £185 - £ 50 ( my shipping ) = £135 please PM :)

Back