Plastic cable tubing for inner gear cables

Antfox

Retro Guru
Can you still buy the plastic tubing that you fit on the bare inner cables between cable guides ?

I want to run some under the b/b shell to aid cable smoothness .

Cheers

Ant

Can you still buy the plastic tubing that you fit on the bare inner cables between cable guides ?

I want to run some under the b/b shell to aid cable smoothness .

Cheers

Ant

Gut a piece of Shimano SIS outer (EVERYONE has some wayward pieces of shifter outer they cut too #$%&@ short stashed in a box). Slit the outer casing lengthwise with an Exacto knife (careful not to cut/stab/mortally wound yourself - I find putting a piece lengthwise in a vise flush/just below the top of the jaws works a treat). The inner wire strands will literally fall apart, leaving you with the separate inner plastic sleeve that you want.

xerxes":edtbqe0v said:

Ant is looking to do something like this xerxes. A piece of plastic sleeve for the cable to slide inside and stop it from chafing the frame mounted guides.

5354e7ae-fd02-4a49-b309-fb34fcb5da48_zps66860d4f.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back