Colnago Super - Saronni Red

knyazb":adbvsfmw said:
By the way I'm planning to freshen up the saddle. Does anybody know if wiping it with clean spirit and then re-proof it with Brooks Proofide would be a good idea? I guess Proofide will do no harm, not sure about clean spirit though. Don't want to ruin the colour..
Any thoughts guys?
Don't use spirit , use saddle soap from a bridal (horse) shop or car interior leather restorer , then the brooks proof hide :D
Looking forward to seeing finished build ,, should be special

Can't wait to see this come together - I have a 1980 Super but have gone for an early (1986) Athena groupset. This is mine:

side-2.jpg

Bikenut - love that frame....

Rich34":1k9m8ktv said:
Can't wait to see this come together - I have a 1980 Super but have gone for an early (1986) Athena groupset. This is mine:

side-2.jpg

Bikenut - love that frame....

Is that a refinish? haven't seen that colour before?
I may have to sell the frame I posted :(

It might well be a refinish - but the photograph doesn't reflect the real colour particularly well. I'm pretty certain the actual colour is the correct Colnago blue (the photo makes it look paler than it really is), but it's been touched up fairly clumsily by someone in places at some point.

Sad to hear you might have to sell that. If it was my size you'd have PM...

bikenut2010":rxrrvy8z said:

The head tube looks a lot longer/taller than the head tube on my Colnago... The Colnago was sold to me as a 54, as was my Urago, and also my Gios, and they all look about the same size. I've never measured them, but they all fit me. I'd say yours would be too big. Unfortunately...

are we talking about the same frame? the black and white one? that's 53 seat ct-ct, 54 top ct-ct 12.3 head tube

Attachments

• Colnago Frame14.jpg
    Colnago Frame14.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 431
Ah, no, we weren't talking about the same frame... :oops: I thought you meant the blue one. Not so keen on the black one to be honest, though I don't imagine you'd have any difficulty selling it.

Rich34":2j2gvtnj said:
Ah, no, we weren't talking about the same frame... :oops: I thought you meant the blue one. Not so keen on the black one to be honest, though I don't imagine you'd have any difficulty selling it.
No surprised you like the blue one, it's an 88 catalogue shot! :oops:
I posted it to show how I intend to restore the B/W frame! :)

bikenut2010":2lunf5og said:
Rich34":2lunf5og said:
No surprised you like the blue one, it's an 88 catalogue shot! :oops:
I posted it to show how I intend to restore the B/W frame! :)

The blue looks nicer (IMO) would have looked good , I have also seen one in red like that with a single crimp on the bottom tube , Do you know the rough date of the black frame ?

Back