Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Re:

Kevinwulf":tkviuwbh said:
I just purchased a '95C16R with F7 fork that I'll be rebuilding this weekend with (sacreligeous content warning) a 2010 XT groupset and mounting a Bobike Mini baby seat on the stem.

Here's a pic of said bike in all its clapped-out Alivio-draped glory, with junky steel wheels, from the auction photos. Though I'll be swapping out the Orange branded stem and bars for something with more sweep, I'll be keeping them in a box and hopefully getting it back in mtb mode sometime soon....

Oh, by the way, it now has primer on the BB shell as heat was needed to remove the old bottom bracket. Goddammit!

Orange01.jpg

Loving the pics of your C16R's, folks! I'm glad to be a new member of the club

"Finished" it a couple of weeks ago. For the past year it's been wearing modern M770 XT 9speed kit with a periscope stem and a stem-mounted baby seat.

Tore it down a couple of weeks ago and built it up with some period-correct parts, some 1997 parts (White Ind LMDS, WI hubs, XT M739 shifter, brakes, levers, fd), and some modern stuff (rims, tyres, etc). It's now a super fun knockabout street bike. I love riding it!

IMG_1363_zpsaf0f70a0.jpg

IMG_1372_zpsf3cd040e.jpg

IMG_1366_zpsf72cf3a8.jpg

jaypee":1f5idcfq said:
Wow whats with that weird looking rear mech? Does it do something fancy?
It's a White Industries LMDS. It doesn't do anything particularly fancy but it shifts well. No better than a bunch of others that are way cheaper, more durable, and easier to set up, though :D
You can read a bit about them HERE.

Here is James as he stands now. Pretty much done with the pimping up since the addition of some Jagwire Ripcord to stop my gears from adjusting themselves every five minutes. Not as authentic as he could be, but I don't really care too much about all that jazz, just want a bike that rides like a gooden.

Attachments

• photo-1 copy.jpg
    photo-1 copy.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 654
  • image-2 copy.jpg
    image-2 copy.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 654
  • image-3 copy.jpg
    image-3 copy.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 653
All i have is a few pics of the back end of my 1999(or 8 :? ) C16-R. Pics were just to show the Hope No2 caliper and its mounting.. :)
Unfortunately ive lost the whole bike pics though they might be on the forum somewhere.

Handy i suppose if you want confirmation that its strong enough to handle a rear disc conversion. I used it this way for about 5 or 6 years without any issues whatsoever.

Attachments

• sony_md_036_199.jpg
    sony_md_036_199.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 608
  • sony_md_029_medium_200_986.jpg
    sony_md_029_medium_200_986.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 608
Here's my offering then, really pleased with the finished bike. Might give this one a go at the Macretro National. Check out the full build thread with the link below.

Cheers, Col.

Attachments

• DSC00557.jpg
    DSC00557.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 589
  • DSC00554.jpg
    DSC00554.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 592
DynaCol":2qt3e4y7 said:
I'm certainly happy with the way it's turned out :D

I'll bet you are.

I love the red detailing, and also the items like the bar ends, which, if I'm not mistaken, are older model X-Lite's, that almost never come up for sale.

Did you have all the anodising done? Or have you been gathering red parts for months / years?

Latest posts

Back