What Happens to All of the Old Pro Team Bikes?

Carlos Da Silva

Devout Dirtbag
This may be a silly question...please feel free to tell me so...but what happens to the Pro Team bikes (MTB and road) at the end of the season? Do they get sold, given to sponsors, become riders daily hacks, or stripped down for parts?

Some certainly get sold...Martin Whitely was off loading the old Trek bikes not hat long ago.

Judging by some of the pro garages you see, some people hang on to their bikes.

Mindmap3":2f0d36mb said:
Some certainly get sold...Martin Whitely was off loading the old Trek bikes not hat long ago.

Judging by some of the pro garages you see, some people hang on to their bikes.

I wouldn't mine getting my hands on a top end Trek MTB. Where do I look?

Try the 13 Degrees website.

I'm on the mailing list, so get a list of the stuff that they're selling each month.

Mindmap3":2019p8du said:
Try the 13 Degrees website.

I'm on the mailing list, so get a list of the stuff that they're selling each month.

Thank you very much for the info...I'll have a look at the website.

No worries at all. The list of stuff for sale ranges from ex team stuff, to brand new excess components.

Mindmap3":3b54ebh3 said:
No worries at all. The list of stuff for sale ranges from ex team stuff, to brand new excess components.

Googled 13 Degrees and only found a wine cellar and a life coach!!! Any chance of a URL?

Carlos Da Silva":265zl74f said:
Mindmap3":265zl74f said:
That's because it's 23 Degrees. Doh!

Ha! Found it...thanks. Oh...I wish it was 23 degrees outside...it's chuffing freezing!

Me too. I attempted to ride Cannock Chase today but had to a and on it because the snow was too deep. It was almost up to my hubs pretty all the way along the bit I braved.

Back