Today I was mostly riding.....

Well the sun was out as i got out of bed this morning, by 7:30 I was in the mud and Goldern brown leaves for a quick spin on my newly built Fat,I must say its very spritly and way much more run to ride with the new front end.Something magically about a early morning pre something ride.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,657
Today I was mostly riding....in filth.

Attachments

• PC090071.JPG
    PC090071.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,638
  • PC090072.JPG
    PC090072.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,638
  • PC090073.JPG
    PC090073.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,638
A quick spin this morning on a route finding mission.(1) its bloody freezing out, windchill must be around -3. (2) snow is hard going in places. (3) the ice is even more hard going than the snow. (4) frozen ruts are not nice as they throw you off balance. (5) puddles that have not frozen or had the ice broken are flipping cold. That is all.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 1,610
Had a bit of a spin around a local loop today consisting of some road, disused railway and canal towpath. Since Christmas I've had every Friday off work but this is the first time I've managed to make time to get on the bike whilst the kids are at school.

The bike is something that would be more suited to the scrap yard challenge because that's where it came from (and some might say that's where it belongs) but it's such a comfy bike to ride, perfect for the sort of riding I did today.

If anybody does fancy doing this type of ride I might be up for sorting a route, I have a pretty good knowledge of the local canals and know plenty of different loops to suit a range of fitness levels.

Here's a few random photos.........

Attachments

• HHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.JPG
    HHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Ride 6 03-05-13.JPG
    Ride 6 03-05-13.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Ride 5 03-05-13.JPG
    Ride 5 03-05-13.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Ride 4 03-05-13.JPG
    Ride 4 03-05-13.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Ride 3 03-05-13.JPG
    Ride 3 03-05-13.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Ride 1 03-05-13.JPG
    Ride 1 03-05-13.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,657
Looks like a really nice relaxing ride.

We are planning a bit of a family ride along the Strawberry Line on Monday. Kt has ridden it before and we are trying to help her partner and my wife increase their confidence, as they have both started riding a bit more recently.

I'll take some photo's.

Today I did 40k on the road bike, as I am gradually building back up having had a couple of weeks off due to a holiday and then a cold. I managed 1200ft of climbing (not all on one hill) without passing out through oxygen deprivation, but a blustery headwind made the last 10k less than pleasant.

If you organise a trail type ride, I'll come along with my Rourke Frankenbike, as I think it's ideally suited to the more cx friendly rides.

It was a very nice relaxing ride Neil apart from the first couple of miles which included a big road climb. My mate at work challenged me to this hill a few weeks ago and although I nearly pulled up for a rest near the start I suddenly found a nice rythm and made it easily to the top.

The loop was just over 17 miles long and I was out for about 2 hours with a few stops for photos and a couple of snacks. I can see me squeezing this ride in on the odd week night once the kids are in bed now the nights are drawing out.

I did the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust Sarcen Trail today, 50Km over Salisbury Plain in a big loop from Stonehenge, got lucky with the weather. The event is really well organised, £20 is a bit more than the HONC but you get a timing chip and a packed lunch at the end and it's for a good charity.

Klein was a great tool for the job - nevermind all the boll0cks that usually goes on Klein threads with the lovers and the haters - these bikes are fantastic to ride.

nice to see the klein out in the sunlight adrian,i rode in the peaks with dave yesterday and can still hear the "my cervello is 6 pounds lighter" ringing in my ears

Latest posts

Back