Orange X1 & MM2013 **Up-date**

Re: Orange X1 'Citrus Fresh'

Theory #1 - It really is a Cut'n'Shut P7 and the left over bottle mount is a reminder :)

Theory #2 - It is a clever way to stop you from lowering your seat post onto the top of the URT, however if you did drop it down fully it would make an impromtu rear lock-out ;)

Update on the X1 with some pics to follow this weekend;

Supercross bars fitted with Friction Addiction grips.
XT739 8 speed trigger shifters.
Ritchey Saddle fitted.
Hope Hubs on Mavic Rims clad with IRC Mythos rubber.
Front Crud Guard fitted.

:D

Jussa":1ivfzwoc said:
Theory #1 - It really is a Cut'n'Shut P7 and the left over bottle mount is a reminder :)

Theory #2 - It is a clever way to stop you from lowering your seat post onto the top of the URT, however if you did drop it down fully it would make an impromtu rear lock-out ;)

Theory #1 This has always made for a great topic of conversation, however since yours is 12 months older than my Canti one,
I doubt very much that by this time they were still using tubes off a P7 if indeed they ever actually did,
so you can only assume this theory is no more than a funny urban myth.

Theory #2 Chuffing boring this one, but most likley true, especially as Full Boucers were reasonably new and most owner
would be migrating across from a hard tail, + you could right royally f**k your bike up you in an absent minded moment.
However I've never seen anyone have a bolt in this boss .... so I'm not convinced that Theory #2 is correct.

I think we need to tap up the Oracle of Delphi, the all knowing Mr Sinnerman... I bet a £1 he'd know or at least know
someone reliable who does !

Update Orange X1 02/04/2013;

Brief update on my Citrus Fresh X1, (Some better pics to follow)

Orange Supercross Bars fitted, Orange Friction Addiction Grips. Shimano XT739 Shifters replace Gripshifts. PACE RC38 Airforce Mk1's replace Rock Shox Forks. NOS Orange Saddle and Seatpost. Hope Hubs on Mavic rims. IRC Mythos tyres.

Attachments

• X1 4.jpg
    X1 4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 586
  • X1 3.jpg
    X1 3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 586
  • X1 2.jpg
    X1 2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 586
  • X1 1.jpg
    X1 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 586

Retro Spud":14iy4yuk said:
Jussa":14iy4yuk said:

Theory #1 This has always made for a great topic of conversation, however since yours is 12 months older than my Canti one,
I doubt very much that by this time they were still using tubes off a P7 if indeed they ever actually did,
so you can only assume this theory is no more than a funny urban myth.

Theory #2 Chuffing boring this one, but most likley true, especially as Full Boucers were reasonably new and most owner
would be migrating across from a hard tail, + you could right royally f**k your bike up you in an absent minded moment.
However I've never seen anyone have a bolt in this boss .... so I'm not convinced that Theory #2 is correct.

I think we need to tap up the Oracle of Delphi, the all knowing Mr Sinnerman... I bet a £1 he'd know or at least know
someone reliable who does !

The catalogue posted above says its a seat post depth stop.

Anyway I quite like these.

Carl

Dr Carlos

Well my friend you have proven that I must only look at the pictures
since this documented point completly passed me by :oops:

so I guess thats that, no more P7 cut n shut jibes then !

Jussa

No excuses now its finished for not bringing it to Mayhem and
having an X1 face off :LOL:

and lets see who has the best Orange "Marmite" :shock:

BTW it looks great

Retro Spud":3nhmrwk2 said:
Jussa

No excuses now its finished for not bringing it to Mayhem and
having an X1 face off :LOL:

and lets see who has the best Orange "Marmite" :shock:

BTW it looks great

Thanks mate :D It's nearly ready lol just a final bit of tweaking and a trial run with my new lights so I'm ready for the night stage :) not sure about a face off I am 40 something lol

Jussa":3fm4sdhp said:
Thanks mate :D It's nearly ready lol just a final bit of tweaking and a trial run with my new lights so I'm ready for the night stage :) not sure about a face off I am 40 something lol

Cool ... At 43 that makes us approx same age, two middle aged old farts then ;)
re-living our early to mid 20's . . . .just like the bulk of people on here who also left school
in the 80's.
Can't say this bug is any cheaper than buying an Audi Quattro Coupe, Lancia HF Intagralie or even a shitty
MGB GT soft top...... but its a dam site healthier

off to your neck of the woods tomorrow sunny Norwich for my sins
(of which I have many)

Nick

PS wouldn't mind owning tidy examples of the 1st two but the latter MGB
would deffo be a "wrong un" to be seen in :LOL:

Retro Spud":kja2tnic said:
Jussa":kja2tnic said:

Cool ... At 43 that makes us approx same age, two middle aged old farts then ;)
re-living our early to mid 20's . . . .just like the bulk of people on here who also left school
in the 80's.
Can't say this bug is any cheaper than buying an Audi Quattro Coupe, Lancia HF Intagralie or even a shitty
MGB GT soft top...... but its a dam site healthier

off to your neck of the woods tomorrow sunny Norwich for my sins
(of which I have many)

Nick

PS wouldn't mind owning tidy examples of the 1st two but the latter MGB
would deffo be a "wrong un" to be seen in :LOL:

Lol im 43 too :) dont feel so bad now.

Wave as you pass, you'll be going past my front door practically :) Norwich is a great city, I love it. And yes you can't knock the old classics :D having had a strong of early 3 series BMW's and VW Beatles I can't comment :)

Back