Raleighracers Marin Bear Valley

I would say that its a 1994 Marin that had the rear disc braket welded on at a later date. You can still see the original canti brake posts on the rear stays and the distinctive rear canti cable hanger. I used to race a Marin back then and these early 90's steel frames gave a great ride off road. Modern Marins I've owned don't come close. I will be watching this build with interest as im restoring a 93 Eldridge at the moment.

94?! Thank you :cool: :LOL:

There's a big wish list but a little wallet, next purchase will be a 1.9 maxxis high roller, charge spoon saddle in brown and oury mountain grips in brown :cool:

Re: Marin Bear Valley

DSC02838_zps75d398b0.jpg

DSC02839_zpse7285deb.jpg

DSC02840_zpsb858376c.jpg

Very cool. I find everything to look quite nice but that saddle doesn't seem to fit.

It is to be replaced, may try a rolls, but would like a charge spoon :D however it's not uncomfy and I had it lying around so it will do until I get some spare cash :)

Thank you :LOL: was mostly parts of a downhill bike I bought but didn't use, frame/original spec bike has been owned by 2 friends.

Changes it'd like to do -

1) I think I have the parts for a 8" front disc swap :cool: but that might loose the 'xc racer' style look I'm after

2) change tyres for 1.9" maxxis high rollers

3) flat bars - over 620mm wide, not ugly (like the ritchey flat bars which is a shame cos I love ritchey stuff, but that backsweep, ewwwww :cry: ) and 31.8mm clamp. Thinking cut down nukeproof bars at the minute.

4) charge spoon/period xc saddle - flite??

Going on a bike ride Saturday, nothing extreme but should be a good chance to check this bike out :LOL:

Not really rode it on anything serious yet in this guise :D

Hi mate

Just stumbled across this...nice mix of new/mid/old! And nothing wrong in that in my opinion! The frame (if the decals are original) is a 1994 Bear Valley....I have a '92 (see sig). I can add another +1 for a Charge Spoon saddle. I have one on my '08 Marin Rift Zone and got it for £20...compared to the Flite I have on my '91 Team Marin there is not much in it and I have done +30 mile off road rides on both. For the money, weight and look the Spoon really is a good saddle IMO.

Doug

Back