Boris not good on backfoot shock...

Not a fan of this type of journalism, bring back andrew marr who seems to be a more accurate reporter than a shock jock

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3032563652

Logan’s seven year-old son Peter said: ” I dreamt that Eddie Mair was looming over me. His big face filling my entire field of vision.

“He stared coldly into my eyes and just said ‘you, Peter Logan, are a ******* liar’.

“He then listed 14 lies I had told in the last week. I asked him how he could possibly know and he smirked and said ‘we’ve made a little documentary about you Peter’.

“At that point I woke up because I had pissed myself.”
:LOL:

sylus":12m0kq6u said:
Not a fan of this type of journalism, bring back andrew marr who seems to be a more accurate reporter than a shock jock
This type of journalism isn't leagues away from each other - both Mair and Marr were (probably still are in the case of Mair) regulars on Radio 4.

And it's not exactly "shock jock"-ism, he was asking Boris some very awkward questions, that rather predictably, Boris didn't answer, but there's context - which is clearly Boris' aspirations, that - as part of the interview showed - he was actually rather reluctant to discuss.

I actually like journos making politicians squirm. Marr has his own skeletons, since at least for a while, he could well have been subject to being a sideline to the news himself (I'm not talking about recent health issues).

Of course, if Boris were the interviewer and Marr the guest it could quite easily have been the same situation but reversed, what with Marrs sneaky extra marital sex which he tried to cover up with a super injunction.

Chopper1192":vdhkqg2w said:
Of course, if Boris were the interviewer and Marr the guest it could quite easily have been the same situation but reversed, what with Marrs sneaky extra marital sex which he tried to cover up with a super injunction.
Yebbut Boris has got that whole lack of coherence thing going on. He'd never be able to pull it off, without wibbling an awful lot.

I enjoy his buffoonery as much as the next guy, in a sort of schadenfreude manner, but he's got all of the downsides of politicians, but not really any of the upsides. Yes, I get, there's probably a sharpness, there, that's dressed up with a lot of wiff-waff, but all the same, he's the "politician" they drag out to appeal to those that don't really do politics, but like celebrity.

Neil":3v3d8t3v said:
sylus":3v3d8t3v said:
This type of journalism isn't leagues away from each other - both Mair and Marr were (probably still are in the case of Mair) regulars on Radio 4.

And it's not exactly "shock jock"-ism, he was asking Boris some very awkward questions, that rather predictably, Boris didn't answer, but there's context - which is clearly Boris' aspirations, that - as part of the interview showed - he was actually rather reluctant to discuss.

I actually like journos making politicians squirm. Marr has his own skeletons, since at least for a while, he could well have been subject to being a sideline to the news himself (I'm not talking about recent health issues).

+1 we need to know exactly the calibre and mindset of people who want to control our lives.

Back