Wheels Please! M730ish XT Hubs & Black Rims

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello folks,

I've just picked up a 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper and I need a set of wheels for it..... I'd like them to have M730ish XT hubs & black rims please. What is out there?!

Many thanks in advance!

hi, I have a pair of lx hubs on silver specialized gx23 rims, they would of been on a standard stumpjumper, so maybe they are ok for you? also may have a pair of m730 on araya rims but they are currently on one of my bikes, could maybe let them go..

message me if you want pics/prices

hurin76":1lqomuq1 said:
hi, I have a pair of lx hubs on silver specialized gx23 rims, they would of been on a standard stumpjumper, so maybe they are ok for you? also may have a pair of m730 on araya rims but they are currently on one of my bikes, could maybe let them go..

message me if you want pics/prices

Hi there, thanks for the offer. I'm trying to put the bike back to what it looks like in the brochure to be honest, which means I need black rims and the rest of the XT groupset is intact and completely original so it would be a shame not to have the hubs too. Do the XT wheels you mention have black rims? Thanks again.

dark grey ???

i have a pair '88 xt hubs laced onto fir rim

with 6 speed cassette and skeweers

if interested i'll take some pics

Gianni

yanee71":26om458x said:
dark grey ???

I have a pair '88 xt hubs laced onto fir rim

with 6 speed cassette and skeweers

if interested i'll take some pics

Gianni

They sound absolutely perfect mate, please send me some photos and a price when you have time! :cool:

Got a lovely smooth M730 front, shiny with clear logo, on a 32 hole black Campag rim. Can't remember the model without checking. Sidewalls a bit concave although they might be one of those rims that started like that (or was that just Araya?)
Has to be worth £25 but the new Royal Mail parcels charge would be £13.35 on top. Can do a photo tomorrow if any good.

Thanks mate, but I really would prefer a pair if poss. I can't stand non matching wheelsets and buying a single wheel would mean the start of a long search for a matching one!

Back