F1 2013

Vettel overtook despite team orders.

Despite the fact I can't stand the wimpy little Vettel, (Webber is much more of a man's man, and is into motorbikes and cycling), no one can pretend Vettel is not number one driver, even at this early stage in the season.

Vettel will not regret what he did if the season comes down to a few points between him and Alonso, and that is what was going through his mind I am sure.

I just wish Lambo would come into F1.

highlandsflyer":36vbr5ih said:
Vettel overtook despite team orders.

Despite the fact I can't stand the wimpy little Vettel, (Webber is much more of a man's man, and is into motorbikes and cycling), no one can pretend Vettel is not number one driver, even at this early stage in the season.

Vettel will not regret what he did if the season comes down to a few points between him and Alonso, and that is what was going through his mind I am sure.

I know he has his PR person advising him what he should and shouldnt say but i wish he could have said bollocks i chose to ignore the orders cos i wanted to win :D

i havent seen the race, just heard a radio report so could someone tell me:
Did Vettel sneakily overtake on the last lap so the place couldnt be got back- or was he trying for the last 5 laps or so?

I heard vettel say it was an accident?

CTK":3l631iuh said:
i havent seen the race, just heard a radio report so could someone tell me:
Did Vettel sneakily overtake on the last lap so the place couldnt be got back- or was he trying for the last 5 laps or so?

I heard vettel say it was an accident?

Worth watching the highlights :D

RB were given team orders around 10/12 or so laps to go, but SV ignored them and raced MW and they came close to crashing into each other, in the end SV passed webber to win. The podium was a pretty gloomy place :D

Reminds me of the Senna/Prost era at least they admitted to taking each other out :cool:

highlandsflyer":3ovm62zg said:

They tried it before and were useless. Though they are pretty much Audi with bright paint now so it may be better. If they were to do any kind of motorsport it would probably be sportscars.

Ridiculous how little racing heritage they have.

Oops.

kaqnop.jpg

Dumbass.

After being in the states for a year and missing the 2012 season I was looking forward to the 2013..then saw how bad the coverage is and wondered what on earth has gone on..are the bbc going to show any lives races?

my take on the race..pretty boring

not too many laps from the end with webber in front the team told the drivers to coast there cars to the end because of some concern and so to maintain the order to make sure they held the 1 and 2.....vettel was like a pitbull on the leash and ignored the team request and nearly caused multiple accidents possibly causing both red bulls to crash

webbers anger was that at all times he is a team player but vettel is out for himself, so you then have ask why webber should abide by the rules the team asks when if all is equal, vettel will not. I agree it's a good thing for a team to have such keen racers in it but not so good if you are a team

interestingly in mercedes.. team orders were given to rosberg to let hamilton through and he respected the request even though he was clearly quite pissed about it

Hamilton..be honest you knew it was going to happen once this season after years going into mercedes mclaren

the only highpoint for me as an avid moto gp fan is to see suzi back on the tv again...always enjoyed watching her bottom :D

sylus":2ji1wh81 said:
After being in the states for a year and missing the 2012 season I was looking forward to the 2013..then saw how bad the coverage is and wondered what on earth has gone on..are the bbc going to show any lives races?

my take on the race..pretty boring

not too many laps from the end with webber in front the team told the drivers to coast there cars to the end because of some concern and so to maintain the order to make sure they held the 1 and 2.....vettel was like a pitbull on the leash and ignored the team request and nearly caused multiple accidents possibly causing both red bulls to crash

webbers anger was that at all times he is a team player but vettel is out for himself, so you then have ask why webber should abide by the rules the team asks when if all is equal, vettel will not. I agree it's a good thing for a team to have such keen racers in it but not so good if you are a team

interestingly in mercedes.. team orders were given to rosberg to let hamilton through and he respected the request even though he was clearly quite pissed about it

Hamilton..be honest you knew it was going to happen once this season after years going into mercedes

the only highpoint for me as an avid moto gp fan is to see suzi back on the tv again...always enjoyed watching her bottom :D

Pretty much bang on - including Suzi :oops:

Tazio":2mw2y9a1 said:
highlandsflyer":2mw2y9a1 said:

They tried it before and were useless. Though they are pretty much Audi with bright paint now so it may be better. If they were to do any kind of motorsport it would probably be sportscars.

Ridiculous how little racing heritage they have.

I was there watching when they dipped their toe.

Big difference now though, I am sure they would be successful.

Back