1992 Rocky Mountain Stratos

thanks guys for all the kind comments. yeah the shoulder holder part is a tad loose, needs a bit of glue to re-attach it. same as the one on the Blizzard.

yep it's a 15.5". it's a tad small but not as small as some of the other bikes, like the kona and the modern stratos. i'd rather have a bike with ample clearance, as opposed to little to no clearance.

most likely it's going to the missus as her 2nd bike, as she really likes the colour scheme. :shock: guess that's what saved me from being flogged for bringing yet another bike back home! :oops: :LOL:

anyone have a source on a replacement RM quill stem to give it a more "slack" position? it's too low, even for me. someone posted in another thread that it's actually a road stem on the bike???

Hi
I have a 1991 or thereabouts hammer which is now awaiting a rebuild. I have a set of pace forks and a synchros stem to fit on when the time comes, so i have a RM stem going if you like. Its a bit of a slacker angle than yours, although it wouldnt take much! I dont know if the condition will really fit right in, might need sprucing up a bit, but PM me if your interested.

PS i also have a 20" fusion frame with a seized seatpost going cheap if your in the mood for collecting projects :)

Cheers

cocodemer":2sgouy4m said:
Hi
I have a 1991 or thereabouts hammer which is now awaiting a rebuild. I have a set of pace forks and a synchros stem to fit on when the time comes, so i have a RM stem going if you like. Its a bit of a slacker angle than yours, although it wouldnt take much! I dont know if the condition will really fit right in, might need sprucing up a bit, but PM me if your interested.

PS i also have a 20" fusion frame with a seized seatpost going cheap if your in the mood for collecting projects :)

Cheers

PM you regarding the stem. I'll have to pass the the fusion but thanks for the offer. First it would be too big for me, second the missus would flog me! I'm quite shocked she didn't already do so for this one! :shock:

That is nice :) If only I lived in Canada where these are abundant. You should set up a small export business <hint hint ;)>

I have a stem, bit battered and ~135mm length probably 5 or 10 deg rise, came of my '92 Fusion and been lying in a box, noodle is squished though.

Cost of postage is probably stupid though,
juiceboxx seems to get hold of rocky stuff easily so maybe swing him a PM.

i have no issue helping out a fellow retrobiker with obtaining a bike and shipping from Toronto. so if you see something you like, let me know! ;)

thanks for the tip, i sent a pm to juiceboxx to see what he can find.

Back