al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This is my 1964 VW Type 3 Notchback.

The car has lots of modifications inc.. 1641cc twin 40 Del'Orto carbs, Engle 110 cam, full-flow oil system, 4''narrowed front beam, disc upgrade, airride suspension.

This is how the car looked when I got it 7 years ago,since then It's tried to bankrupt me!!

Before

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,426
After

Attachments

• DSC01468.jpg
    DSC01468.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,425
Flat 4 aircooled Type 3 engine.

Attachments

• PICT0032.jpg
    PICT0032.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,425
Stock interior, not bad for 49 years!

Attachments

• Picture049.jpg
    Picture049.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,422

Attachments

• Picture055-1.jpg
    Picture055-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,371
Looks like a lovely motor, how does she handle being so low around those tiny little lanes in Cornwall, are those Porsche 'Royale' spoke wheels and please excuse my ignorance but what does 'Notchback' refer to :?: :oops:

Hi

The car has an airride system, so I can set the ride height however I like. If you look at the top of the engine pic you will see an air tank on the left and a compressor on the right. They are repro chromed 911 Fuch's wheels. Notchback refers to the fact it has a boot, so the roofline has a 'notch' in.... Other Type 3's were 'Squareback' estate and Fastback. We won't go into the various coachbuilt cars as I feel I may have sent you to sleep already!!!

I've been getting this car ready this week for It's long drive up to Surrey tomorrow as It's the Volksworld show at Sandown park this weekend.

al. :D

al":35abkb1o said:
Hi

The car has an airride system, so I can set the ride height however I like. If you look at the top of the engine pic you will see an air tank on the left and a compressor on the right. They are repro chromed 911 Fuch's wheels. Notchback refers to the fact it has a boot, so the roofline has a 'notch' in.... Other Type 3's were 'Squareback' estate and Fastback. We won't go into the various coachbuilt cars as I feel I may have sent you to sleep already!!!

I've been getting this car ready this week for It's long drive up to Surrey tomorrow as It's the Volksworld show at Sandown park this weekend.

I'm visiting my parents on Saturday in Cobham...about 5 miles from Esher....I might try and pop over!!

Did you manage to get to the show?

The Rebel Alliance didn't do too badly... Wayne McCarthy won Best of show with the Evil Bens, TQR and Andy Ham built 'Ruby'. Ben Lewis got a top 20 for the 'Devils milk float' and Adam Townley also got a top 20 with his Rometsch 'Lawrence of Arizona'. All good mates and all well deserved winners.

And my notch made the 600 mile round trip like a champ!!

Happy lad right here.

Nice notch al, this one \/ was mine back in the day :cool:
Car2.jpg

Back