Retro Skateboard - 87 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso

Nice work!

i have a Grosso 'Alice' deck at home, it's rather tatty and stickered up & all the other parts (Bullet wheels, trucks etc are long gone) but I'll have to get a pic up.

Thanks for the comments :cool:

Nice collection of decks up there, I wish my toy box was still in that condition ... :( :LOL:

I am doing OK for the retro bit's, I have found everything I want, in the colours / sizes I want and at pretty good prices :

• NOS black Powel tail bone - correct width for deck and right hole spacing.
• NOS black Santa Cruz cell block III.
• NOS red Santa Cruz cell block truck bushings.
• NOS black (composite plastic) Gullwing Phoenix lightweight base plates (red bushings).
• Generic black front spacer.

I have also acquired some NOS / period correct Santa Cruz and Gullwing decals :D

WD :D

Some of the bits mentioned above that I have collected for the rebuild :

DSC08174_zps8833a5b7.jpg

I have no tech info from BITD but I am pretty sure they were designed to be a straight swap. They sure look much more chunky but when you check the height of the bushing seat its the same :

DSC08176_zps4554429a.jpg

So they should give the same ride height as I had in the past (but a little lower due to slightly smaller wheels).

What do you think ?

Cheers,

My first set up used gullwing pro 3's with the nylon baseplate and no risers, after that I always ran indys or ventures with metal baseplates and no risers at all but I preferred a lower board. personal choice at the end of the day. Build yours up and try it with and without risers and see which you prefer. I don't think there would be any clearance issues for the wheels by not running risers unless you like your trucks very loose.

Couple of other NOS bits that I have.

sk8_zpsfb89cc95.jpg

I sold a load of NOS wheels and trucks a few years back. Wish I had kept them now though they did fetch good money.

Back