My aluminium bike I made in 1984 ----Plus restoration

Good morning from Norn Iron, the bike is taking shape nicely (huge understatement), I think that you are at an age where you have time to be fussy - i am getting there myself!! Patience is a virtue...

More pics and good luck with the rim search, it seems it can be hard to source NOS rims, i have been looking about for some too.

Regards,

Richard

My search for NOS Mavic open 4cd proved unsuccessful however I found the next best thing in gray anodized Mavic Open Pro rims and had them built up with my Dura ace 7400 8 speed cassette hubs,look very nice.Went a little crazy with the red side wall Michelin Pro 4 tyres.

Attachments

• wheels 1.JPG
    wheels 1.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 501
  • mavic rims.JPG
    mavic rims.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 501
  • mavic open pro.JPG
    mavic open pro.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 501
Hi mate
I ope alls well with yourself and family.
Wheels look great, tyres should suite it fine without being too in your face.
Now lets see it all together...................please ;)

Jamie

Yes very soon,just a few more sundry parts to fit and adjustments.I have a classic bike show next month so I will have to resist riding it until then.

Did the last few things to the bike and entered it into the classic bike show at the Canterbury velodrome last Saturday it was a great show and the first of its kind (that i know of) in Sydney.The bike took out top self built and top bike in the 1960 to 1985 category.Now that it finished and the show is over its time for a ride.

Attachments

• crop 1.JPG small.JPG
    crop 1.JPG small.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC02494.JPG small.JPG
    DSC02494.JPG small.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC02508.JPG
    DSC02508.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 454
Superlatives to not even start to describe this bike so i will revert to my 6 year olds current favourite 'AWWWWWWEEESOOOOOOMMMMEEEEE!!!".

I love it, and the wins are well deserved - well done.

Richard

p.s. i see you have not got any snow!! :D

thanks Richard you are so fast with your post, still putting up the pictures. :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• DSC02511.JPG small.JPG
    DSC02511.JPG small.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC02498.JPG small.JPG
    DSC02498.JPG small.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC02509.JPG small.JPG
    DSC02509.JPG small.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC02510.JPG small.JPG
    DSC02510.JPG small.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 453
I wish i was a quick on my bike!!! The bike looks incredible - really incredible. Not much else to say.

A small joke - "If you consider splitting..." :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done, the bike really is the pinnacle of workmanship and to know you actually built it is amazing to me.

Richard

Back