The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

Is it a 20mm one? (Likely)

Let me know and I'll see if we have that value in work today.

20x5mm.

I managed to score some 200ma ones off ebay in the end - should be good enough to test nothing more major is dead at least

I have some fairly nice studio monitors sitting in the cave at the end of the garden, and am looking for something to power them for when I'm working in there and when there's a BBQ on in the garden.

I used to run them in the flat before SWMBO moved in and they quickly got relegated to the loft in favour of the less imposing/noticable Mission 731s. Now we're in a house and I have "my space" I want to put them to use again.

I'm guessing the little TA2020/2024's would be too underpowered? I'm going to have a laptop on the network in there for music/video/TV.

Will get the specs when I'm next down there. In the meantime got anything nice LGF - that marantz still available?

Also open to suggestions, spent the night so far pouring over ebay and tech threads about stuff, and am seemingly none the wiser :LOL:

I have all sorts available!

Snowed in without a car today so will list some with proper piccies later

Ace.

Been down to the cave - Spirit Absolute2 Near field monitors

spec:
Power Handling (programme) 100 Watts RMS
Frequency Response (+2dB, -3dB) 45Hz - 20kHz
Impedance 8 ohms nominal
Sensitivity, for 2.83V @ 1m 90dB
Dimensions (HxWxD) 395 x 235 x 297mm (15.5 x 9.25 x 11.7")
Weight (net) 7kg (15.4lb) approx

So are these going to be too much for those little 2020/2024 amps to power?

Those spirits are nice speakers, deserve a good amp to drive them. I used to have some and 50 wpc was good to drive them, but need more like 80 wpc

They have a lovely clean bright sound to them, been a good 6 years since I used them. They used to live in my little bros recording studio before he upgraded

sensitivity is good so any reasonable amp should easily drive them up to moderate levels

Back