Slayer fans.

Kona-Ian":3ccmjp41 said:
Everyone who doesn't know Slayer very well says Reign In Blood and Angel Of Death :x :p

I've been listening to slayer since the early 80's.......I have about 10 albums in my cd collection, spanning their whole career, and I've heard all of them......angel of death is about my favorite, and a good place to start if your not too familiar......just my opinion.....

feetabix":rbcftsfp said:
Kona-Ian":rbcftsfp said:
Everyone who doesn't know Slayer very well says Reign In Blood and Angel Of Death :x :p

I've been listening to slayer since the early 80's.......I have about 10 albums in my cd collection, spanning their whole career, and I've heard all of them......angel of death is about my favorite, and a good place to start if your not too familiar......just my opinion.....

That's ok then,
It's just the one that most people will know, newb would know that one the most.

I have all their albums too, :D

Seasons In The Abyss is my favourite album. Commercial enough to interest newcomers, and full of quality tunes.

Like 97 with bikes, 91 was the beginning of the end of my interest in metal new releases.
Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura, Anthrax, none of them made a better album after 91.

Retro Cat":2zjb5uwp said:
Kona-Ian":2zjb5uwp said:

Thanks ever so much but now I've got a headache - I'll keep to Flanders and Swann...

I'm a gnu......

Regarding 'Reign in Blood' as good album doesnt mean you are a Slayer newbie....It's clearly their best album and is regarded by many as the best metal album ever recorded. The band made some great stuff afterwards but i dont think they have come anywhere near to achieving the audacity and brilliance of 'Reign in Blood' since. 29 minutes of genius...end of!!

Yes Reign In Blood is a totally awesome album, most people know that album if they don't know any other is what I was getting at.
Same with the song 'Angel Of Death'
First album I ever bought was 'South Of Heaven' and I think that seemed tame when listening to 'Reign In Blood' afterwards :LOL:

Reign In Blood is just constant fast aggressive tune after tune :twisted:

Kona-Ian":3tikco3g said:
Yes Reign In Blood is a totally awesome album, most people know that album if they don't know any other is what I was getting at.
Same with the song 'Angel Of Death'
First album I ever bought was 'South Of Heaven' and I think that seemed tame when listening to 'Reign In Blood' afterwards :LOL:

Reign In Blood is just constant fast aggressive tune after tune :twisted:

First gig i ever went to when i was a veerrrrryyy young 16 was Slayer in Brum doing the 'Reign in Pain' tour. My ears are still ringing :LOL:

Back