• giom6's 1992 Saracen Kili Pro

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Mkozaczek's 1989 Doug Bradbury Manitou

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • landsbee's 1993 Sycip

Votes: 35 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice variety this month. Best DiamondBack I can remember seeing, beautiful parts selection on the Voodoo and the paint on the Trek really brings back some neon memories but it's the two eighties bikes that are doing it for me this month. Love the Ritchey but how can I not vote for my fave retro bike ever(!) I think the Manitou is perfect :)

Picked the one i used to drool over in my LBS in 1994.

Stumpjumper1990s' M2 just so cool :)

A bit of a “pedal rant”:

- One bike doesn’t have them at all (corrected now with a late pic).
- Five of the bikes (six if you count the alternate pic of the Manitou) have one-sided flat pedals intended for clips/straps but being run without clips/straps.
- Two of the bikes with clips/straps setups have their straps “tucked” -- rendering the straps much less useful.

Do any of you actually ride the bikes this way? Did you ride them this way BITD?

I’m not even taking issue with the period-correctness of the pedals (and clips/straps) chosen. I’m as guilty as many I’m sure of riding vintage bikes with modern pedals. I’ve even been know to ride modern bikes with vintage clips/straps. But at least setup whatever pedal you’re going to use properly!

Rant over.

Litespeed Ocoee and Voodoo were close... really close. Had to go with the Voodoo just because I'm envious of the CNC derailleur/shifter combo :) I love the Ocoee, I feel as though it is built up a lot nicer looking than mine was, and I loved mine.

wookiee":2e97rkqv said:
al-onestare":2e97rkqv said:
Why I thought it was a smart idea to enter this is anyones guess. The Manitou is proper good but when the Sycip hit I knew we were all done for: it's a wonderful machine!

I hear ya...if I get 1 vote I'll be happy although thats not looking good! And rightly so, so many sweet bikes!

I think the pedal issues should result in some disqualifications ;-)

I know my pedals aren't period correct, but according to the rules of the comp, they don't have to be. If you don't agree with it, don't vote for it. My bike is a rider, and although I have the M737 SPDs, I prefer the M780 ones. For looks, weight, and the way they work. If you think it looks to good, and is not a rider, I point you to the Impromptu Purbecks ride in the SW section, and you can see it muddy there

Back